Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
That referee was shocking from start to finish, just surprised he didn’t get his red card out for something innocuous too

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Staying in the Championship today, just WTF are Forest wearing :eek: Making my telly go funny.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Staying in the Championship today, just WTF are Forest wearing :eek: Making my telly go funny.

fruit-salad-sweet-retro-sweet-unwrapped-with-wrapper-closeup-R11TR9.jpg

(confession: I like it!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was one of THE great days of my football life, 10,000+ matching to the ground, magic atmosphere, that would have been enough but that equaliser.....

Pleased that you can see some light at the end of the tunnel and kudos to Rooney for turning down the Everton interview. Maybe things are on the turn for you guys at last

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It was one of THE great days of my football life, 10,000+ matching to the ground, magic atmosphere, that would have been enough but that equaliser.....

I have to say, I really hope Rooney keeps Derby up. Say what you like (and I'm sure you have plenty to say about Mel Morris) about the former owners, this does have the potential to be one of football's great stories. Rooney is doing a frankly astounding job, given he has essentially a team made up of rejects on short term contracts + Tom Lawrence, no budget to speak of and a 21 point deduction to overcome.

Speaking from experience, there's nothing like a backs against the wall fight against seemingly the whole football world to pull a group of fans, players and staff together. Fingers crossed Derby give the fans something to cheer about and find a new owner who can remove the stain of Morris permanently from the club's history.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The place was absolutely bouncing, the Derby audience were really something to behold, you can see why they were the pioneers of the 'everywhere we go...' song that is now so popular up and down the country.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Pleased that you can see some light at the end of the tunnel and kudos to Rooney for turning down the Everton interview. Maybe things are on the turn for you guys at last
Long way to go but hopefully yesterday may show potential saviours that we're worth it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I have to say, I really hope Rooney keeps Derby up. Say what you like (and I'm sure you have plenty to say about Mel Morris) about the former owners, this does have the potential to be one of football's great stories. Rooney is doing a frankly astounding job, given he has essentially a team made up of rejects on short term contracts + Tom Lawrence, no budget to speak of and a 21 point deduction to overcome.

Speaking from experience, there's nothing like a backs against the wall fight against seemingly the whole football world to pull a group of fans, players and staff together. Fingers crossed Derby give the fans something to cheer about and find a new owner who can remove the stain of Morris permanently from the club's history.

I hope so to but most of all I hope we're still here to celebrate League One, Championship or wherever. You're so right, there's nothing like a backs to the wall fight, I'm sure many of you will remember how emotional these times can be from the mid 90s, how adversity can bring us together. I had my sunnies on quite a lot yesterday and we weren't marching in to the sun, if you catch my drift :cry::sheep:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Shouldn’t have been allowed to stand for the offside or the dangerous play, but you should have had a penalty so I guess it evens itself out.

On a less happy note, I heard reports of plenty of trouble there yesterday but also of a 16 year old away fan the victim of a random attack and ended up in hospital with a broken jaw. Appreciating that all clubs have their idiots, and that there were seats and bottles flying from both sides, did you hear about this and of any update on his condition?

There will always be a few who ruin it for the majority. Ok if it only happens to those who are looking for it, but it sounds on this occasion that this lad was not so lucky.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I still have my doubts about Rooney - still think he is piggy-backing on the work of Rosenior and Shay Given. Time will tell and fair dues if he proves me wrong.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Shouldn’t have been allowed to stand for the offside or the dangerous play, but you should have had a penalty so I guess it evens itself out.

On a less happy note, I heard reports of plenty of trouble there yesterday but also of a 16 year old away fan the victim of a random attack and ended up in hospital with a broken jaw. Appreciating that all clubs have their idiots, and that there were seats and bottles flying from both sides, did you hear about this and of any update on his condition?

There will always be a few who ruin it for the majority. Ok if it only happens to those who are looking for it, but it sounds on this occasion that this lad was not so lucky.

I've not heard anything of a 16 year old being injured so can't comment but absolutely the Birmingham 'fans' smashed up and threw seats and also were throwing coins during the game - I have little doubt that some were chucked back unfortunately. Derby have their idiots but unlike in the past, they are generally marginalised and certainly not celebrated.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I've not heard anything of a 16 year old being injured so can't comment but absolutely the Birmingham 'fans' smashed up and threw seats and also were throwing coins during the game - I have little doubt that some were chucked back unfortunately. Derby have their idiots but unlike in the past, they are generally marginalised and certainly not celebrated.

I wasn’t there and can’t comment with any confidence but what I heard was that the bottles came from the home fans, and that they got it back with a bit of interest. But who knows what the truth was, as I said they both have their share of idiots.

It’s mentioned a bit here:
https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3168032

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I wasn’t there and can’t comment with any confidence but what I heard was that the bottles came from the home fans, and that they got it back with a bit of interest. But who knows what the truth was, as I said they both have their share of idiots.

It’s mentioned a bit here:
https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3168032

Firstly, I was there, the breaking of seats and chuckling of coins etc originated from the Birmingham side.

Secondly, as you'll see from your link, it was further down debunked as a 'blag' but to also pour scorn on the claim, why would someone be taken to hospital in Derby and then operated on over an hour away, in the QE, Birmingham. "He was taken to Derby Hospital with a broken jaw, several broken teeth and other facial injuries. I understand he is now at the QE having surgery"

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Firstly, I was there, the breaking of seats and chuckling of coins etc originated from the Birmingham side.

Secondly, as you'll see from your link, it was further down debunked as a 'blag' but to also pour scorn on the claim, why would someone be taken to hospital in Derby and then operated on over an hour away, in the QE, Birmingham. "He was taken to Derby Hospital with a broken jaw, several broken teeth and other facial injuries. I understand he is now at the QE having surgery"

Well I’ve heard differently about the trouble from those in the away end who were caught in a shower of bottles flying in from the home fans, the worst they have seen for years, but I wasn’t there so can’t say. I’ve also heard there was a lot of fighting outside the away end.

If you are saying Derby fans are innocent wronged angels then who am I to argue. I suspect both sets of fans were guilty to a degree, normally something happens to kick things off and I doubt very much that the problems were all one sided and just spontaneously happened from the away end.

Good luck for the rest of the season, by the way. You sound like a genuine fan who has had a lot to put up with over the years.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The segregation for a sell out seemed a tad poor judging from this vid ….fans running onto the pitch seems to be a common theme these days

https://youtu.be/NaKAfyqIAJI

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here