Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
If it wasn’t for a bunch of their fans acting like complete wankers I’d have liked them to stay up. I still would like to see them go down. However still have to applaud how well they are doing this season. CKR getting back to back winners for them after coming off the bench.

CKR has been a real talisman, among others. That Rooney has this ragtag and bobtail group of kids, journeymen and pensioners to where they are is remarkable. He's not got everything right and may not yet be a great tactician but his leadership is unbelievable, I've never known the connection between fans, players and coaches to be as strong as it is now, funny things happen in adverse times, who knows what the next few months will bring!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Rooney is one of those people easily dislikeable. However, given the unstable shitshow he's been working in, he's done an amazing job and although still unlikely to happen, there's a tiny chance they could pull off the greatest escape of all time. Many managers would have walked a long time ago given the conditions he's been working under. Fair play to him.

Having said all that, I'd still have reservations should he ever be considered for the Albion job...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rooney is one of those people easily dislikeable. However, given the unstable shitshow he's been working in, he's done an amazing job and although still unlikely to happen, there's a tiny chance they could pull off the greatest escape of all time. Many managers would have walked a long time ago given the conditions he's been working under. Fair play to him.

Having said all that, I'd still have reservations should he ever be considered for the Albion job...

Reservations you say? Rather like the reservations I have about flopping out my John Thomas into the palm of the hand of a lunatic with a carving knife. ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ashley kept Newcastle (a) solvent and (b) in the PL for the vast majority of his ownership. Newcastle fans are just deluded prats who thought they should be pushing top 4.

If Ashley gets hold of Derby, there's no way he's doing it with a few to having them bumming around in the noddy leagues. If I was a Derby fan, I'd be nailing his dick to the boardroom table.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ashley kept Newcastle (a) solvent and (b) in the PL for the vast majority of his ownership. Newcastle fans are just deluded prats who thought they should be pushing top 4.

If Ashley gets hold of Derby, there's no way he's doing it with a few to having them bumming around in the noddy leagues. If I was a Derby fan, I'd be nailing his dick to the boardroom table.

[emoji23][emoji23]had a few tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I also have some good friends who are Newcastle fans and can also confirm that you are very wrong.

Ashley spent as little as possible on the club infrastructure during his tenure. The PoF football pod worked out he’d spent the lowest amount on club infrastructure out of all the EPL sides in the last 10 years, (something in the order of) 20% of the second lowest team which was Norwich who’s spent a number of those 10 years in the Championship.

Ashley wasn’t the worse owner, not like Archer at all, but Newcastle fans never had hope under his tenure. Hope is so important as a fan. For comparison, I’ve had hope since day 1 of Tony Bloom, even then, I never really believed we’d ever get into the EPL, and now we’re top 10 with the best squad of players the Albion has ever had. Hope is everything.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It's quite smart of him really.

Buy the club relatively cheap, get them into the black again, work towards Premier League promotion and sell them.

Find the next basket case club and repeat.

Instead of flipping property he's flipping football clubs.

Or turn them into a basket case like the Geordies !

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I also have some good friends who are Newcastle fans and can also confirm that you are very wrong.

Ashley spent as little as possible on the club infrastructure during his tenure. The PoF football pod worked out he’d spent the lowest amount on club infrastructure out of all the EPL sides in the last 10 years, (something in the order of) 20% of the second lowest team which was Norwich who’s spent a number of those 10 years in the Championship.

Ashley wasn’t the worse owner, not like Archer at all, but Newcastle fans never had hope under his tenure. Hope is so important as a fan. For comparison, I’ve had hope since day 1 of Tony Bloom, even then, I never really believed we’d ever get into the EPL, and now we’re top 10 with the best squad of players the Albion has ever had. Hope is everything.
I didn't see any Geordie fans willing to stump the money to buy the club when Ashley took over. Its OK telling someone to spunk millions on players when it's not your money!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn't see any Geordie fans willing to stump the money to buy the club when Ashley took over. Its OK telling someone to spunk millions on players when it's not your money!

I was referencing areas of spending outside of the playing staff. Things like estate spending, facilities spending, investment in the academy, scouting etc. He spent the absolute minimum, the polar opposite to our chairman and most other EPL clubs. I don’t think the funds provided for transfers were actually that bad, he just wasn’t bothered about getting the best ‘football’ people in to guide the club. They had no staff comparable to the likes of Barber, Ashworth or Potter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Was the podcast presented by a DULLARD?

5BCF4A47-F88B-44D9-B641-B7523C1130E2.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes as you quite rightly say, without hope we have nothing at all.

We are absurdly fortunate to have the chairman that we have, and to be where we are today. We must never forget that.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Indeed, the news has gone down well generally. To put it bluntly, Derby fans' expectations are somewhat limited right now, a bit of financial stability and the prospect of promotion at some point is mostly appealing....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

They just went down a different path than us. They spent plenty of money. £40m on one player. Wilson is rumoured £120k per week. Most fans at most clubs (and certainly Toon fans) would take a new striker over fixing the bogs at the training ground etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here