Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for a great season Wayne. Guess we just didn't have the budget then. Or a manager.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
theres one gone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm gutted about this, even though I never really thought he'd stay. Adkins though, FFS.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We were NEVER going to sign him anyway if we didnt go up - his wages are far too much than we can spend.

Nothing to blame on the club at all. Id expect us to make a move for the equally solid Upson though, who is well within our price range.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He's been a joy to watch and will be sadly missed. I don't think I will see a better left back in an Albion shirt in my lifetime.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Reading must have an unlimited budget?? ???

Another team to add to the bigger than average hate list!! Batards!! lol

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Parachute payments are sickening. Can't believe they allow a team like Reading to outbid us despite the difference in attendances. I feel like we're back in the early 2000s and they are outbidding us for all our targets.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
At 32, it's a loss but it's not a great loss. He is at the age where he will decline in ability as every month passes.

Great player, great attitude and will be missed - but perhaps it is better for the club in the long run if we invest in a younger model.

Every cloud...

It's true, they should have released Ian Harte when he was 32 too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
At 32, it's a loss but it's not a great loss. He is at the age where he will decline in ability as every month passes.

Great player, great attitude and will be missed - but perhaps it is better for the club in the long run if we invest in a younger model.

Every cloud...

Yes, we clearly saw this throughout the season as he got worst! There is no silver lining to this cloud as Bridge is the best left back comfortably while I have been watching the club (since 1990).

We need to sort the manager situation out soon as although Bridge may not have stayed anyway, we will start losing players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here