Wayne Bridge wanted by Harry?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
qpr are going down. They still have a lot more money than us so i could very well see it happening. Bridge will go to whoever offers him the most. Cant really blame him for that.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hadn't read that either, although there is little chance of QPR staying up so I wouldn't be too bothered. I know they will have parachute payments but they are heading into massive debt at the rate they are spending at the moment.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Hadn't read that either, although there is little chance of QPR staying up so I wouldn't be too bothered. I know they will have parachute payments but they are heading into massive debt at the rate they are spending at the moment.

Would make no difference to Wayne, he is playing in the championship now. He has not got long left and if QPR offer silly money he would be a fool to turn it down. I do not want him to go, however good luck to him if he does

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Would make no difference to Wayne, he is playing in the championship now. He has not got long left and if QPR offer silly money he would be a fool to turn it down. I do not want him to go, however good luck to him if he does

He would not be a fool - he would just not have money as the main priority in his decision. He has been earning 4.5 million a year for the last few years, so should be nicely minted already.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He would not be a fool - he would just not have money as the main priority in his decision. He has been earning 4.5 million a year for the last few years, so should be nicely minted already.

How do you know? The deal almost went through, so that would mean he was interested. Football has become about where a player can get the most money. Not a surprise on the last day of the transfer window that players were falling over themselves to get into QPR

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How do you know? The deal almost went through, so that would mean he was interested. Football has become about where a player can get the most money. Not a surprise on the last day of the transfer window that players were falling over themselves to get into QPR

According to the Daily Mirror and Harry Redknapp. The agent issues may well have been because the Agent told them to do one.

No, I don't know, but don't assume that everyone in football is motivated by money. Mr Bridge himself has already said in interviews that he fell out of love for the game and coming to us has rekindled his passion. That may count for something, it may not. We will have to wait and see.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
qpr are going down. They still have a lot more money than us so i could very well see it happening. Bridge will go to whoever offers him the most. Cant really blame him for that.

Well he's getting 90 k here so by that logic he won't be going anywhere in Jan...

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
qpr going down and the wheeler dealer will get sacked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting article. I thought we didn't get any offers for our players? I know he's not our player in theory of course.. I don't believe that article really fwiw..

D

Deleted member 22389

According to the Daily Mirror and Harry Redknapp. The agent issues may well have been because the Agent told them to do one.

No, I don't know, but don't assume that everyone in football is motivated by money. Mr Bridge himself has already said in interviews that he fell out of love for the game and coming to us has rekindled his passion. That may count for something, it may not. We will have to wait and see.

I also think he came to us to get out of the spotlight for a little bit. At Brighton his name is not plastered on every single national newspaper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are all forgetting quality of life.

Wayne's bank account must be pretty chock full.
His life in the spotlight became pretty horrendous.
Now he's made a 180 turn around.
He's enjoying football.
His bank account is still pretty chock full (I'd imagine).

After what he's said about life at Brighton, he must have plenty of reservations about going back to the mad house.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Does anyone really believe what Redknapp or the Mirror says?

FWIW I can see Bridge staying, if he's not already got a stint in the MLS sorted. I agree that money might not be the prime motivator here ... at the tail end of his career and if he is "enjoying himself" again, then the incremental between us and what he might get isn't going to be life changing for him

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How do you know? The deal almost went through, so that would mean he was interested.

are you privy to discussions had? from the three sentances the Mirror reports, we only have that there were "agent demands". it may have been at the beginning of discussions. it may have been that the agent wouldnt answer the phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here