Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge retires

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
He was great for us, no doubt, but let's not let this love in get in the way of what a fantastic job Stephen Ward has done this season. That said, thanks Wayne!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think we dodged a bullet with WB , brilliant last season but plagued by injury this time around. Ward has been a decent replacement who we would have missed out on in all probability if Bridge had stayed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks for a fantastic season here Wayne and good luck with whatever the future brings :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks for the brilliant season and of course for costing Adkins and Wiggy a small fortune for little return.

RIP Bridgy :angel:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Time for him to enjoy becoming a father.

What a great guy and player he was for us. I'll never forget you for bringing Frankie to the AMEX

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thank him for what he did for us and hope he is successful in his new career as a newsagent and tobacconist.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We could easily have given him a one or two year deal at 12k or so a week.
We got lucky there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was gutted to see him leave us for Reading, a quality player, good luck Wayne.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Best FB I've seen at the Albion and my favourite player last year but I'm pleased he left and we got Ward. Does that sound a bit Irish?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Best FB I've seen at the Albion and my favourite player last year but I'm pleased he left and we got Ward. Does that sound a bit Irish?

Ward is Irish so it fits. I like Ward and think he's been a great replacement. I hope we can sign him for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here