Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford’s Managerial Merry-go-Round Experiment

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pearson's press conferences at Leicester towards the end of his time there were priceless. Like something scripted from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. Hopefully he's still as spiky.

I've got Tony Adams down in a similar bracket. They're slightly removed from reality, in a self created bubble as if no one is telling them gelled back hair is ridiculous, or loud jackets and odd shirts aren't necessarily cool. There is a conversational awkwardness where you're never quite sure behind the smile whether they're about to explode.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Some Watford fan on a 'phone in last night mentioning how ridiculours pre season ot would be to be told by Crimbo your third manager will be Pearson. Maybe it'll work - basket case club with basket case manager.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Watford are 5th, and 4 points from automatic promotion places. Even with a few dodgy results that sacking seems harsh doesnt it? Inside the first half of the season a new manager is always going to have some mixed results. Am I missing something here?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Watford are 5th, and 4 points from automatic promotion places. Even with a few dodgy results that sacking seems harsh doesnt it? Inside the first half of the season a new manager is always going to have some mixed results. Am I missing something here?

Of course its harsh but its how the Pozzo family run their clubs. Udinese are on their 11th manager in five years.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Be fun to watch Miles Jacobson defend the sacking again.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
For the new manager the chances are that even promotion won't get them to keep their job as different skills are needed to get promotion and to retain a place in the Premier League. But they will still be able to get someone.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

Ridiculous time to sack someone
It appears he had a falling out with Deeney and so it seems Deeney is Mr Watford plus the Watford owners are trigger happy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here