Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford's away end

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
How does it get a safety certificate? The stand is fine, and gave a cracking view, but that concourse! I felt sorry for any of the ladies who wanted the lav at half time, as they had to get past the queue for the one tea bar. There was quite a crush there as I waited for a half time cuppa. We are not allowed terracing, but surely expecting 4000 people to fit into a corridor 10 feet wide cannot be safe, can it, regardless of whether it is a seated stand or a terrace? I know they have space constraints there, as the stand is built onto a hill straight down from the road and home fans at that end (I was in the section normally used by home fans) can use the facilities in the Rous Stand. Was the other half of the stand as bad?

I know it sounds a moan, and it didn't spoil my day, but it certainly wasn't comfortable.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Too right - we went looking for a half-time cuppa and swiftly abandoned the idea due to the almighty crush.

Suspect they are not used to their away end being anything like as full! Roll on the Amex :)

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Also it took about 15 minutes to get out at the end, not quite sure how they could evacuate in an emergency, especially with the plastic sheeting at the front, which would make getting on to the pitch tricky too. Terrible facitilities for a fairly modern stand!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It always amazes me the standard of many away facilitys, I'm not going to go club by club cos i can't be arsed, but Exeter for example, the toilets are disgusting, they don't even have washing and drying facilitys, and my wife said the ladies were as bad, although she could wash her hands in cold water but nothing to dry them on, how do they get away with it?

There are many grounds we have been to and the away facilitys are just a joke, I appreciate The Withdean is not much but that is temporary and soon away fans will be well catered for.

Your thoughts on away places?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Main Stand to our left also seemed somewhat underdeveloped.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Usually we only allow a max of 2,500.

Your right though..its a poor stand actually built in the 90s I presume when the club didn't think they'd fill it!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Usually we only allow a max of 2,500.

Your right though..its a poor stand actually built in the 90s I presume when the club didn't think they'd fill it!

You will enjoy our place next season, they are even making a local away beer available each game.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
How any planner could decide on putting a toilet right next to a tea bar is beyond me. After having to push my way through the crush at the tea bar to get to the ladies loo entrance, I found the queue extended into the next exit so all the ladies queueing were pushed about by people trying to get out of the stand too. Only 3 cubicles as well for all the ladies there!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Still, an improvement on the 'old' days when we just used to piss in each others pockets.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
It always amazes me the standard of many away facilitys, I'm not going to go club by club cos i can't be arsed, but Exeter for example, the toilets are disgusting, they don't even have washing and drying facilitys, and my wife said the ladies were as bad, although she could wash her hands in cold water but nothing to dry them on, how do they get away with it?

There are many grounds we have been to and the away facilitys are just a joke, I appreciate The Withdean is not much but that is temporary and soon away fans will be well catered for.

Your thoughts on away places?

Feckin' 'ell, ..Exeter was shite wasn't it?

I remember going to Rotherham a few years ago at Millmoor, that was pretty spectacularly shite as well.

I would imagine the Withdean away end probably scores pretty badly too.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Feckin' 'ell, ..Exeter was shite wasn't it?

I remember going to Rotherham a few years ago at Millmoor, that was pretty spectacularly shite as well.

I would imagine the Withdean away end probably scores pretty badly too.

I don't remember Millmoor being to bad - The old Oxford Manor ground away end was pretty dire though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I bet there's nothing wrong with the withdean away end in the respect, the loos are pretty good all round. Seems weird that Bournemouth had 5x the toilet facilities of Watford; which had 10x the facilities of Exeter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here