Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD NO to glowsticks but what about lighters with torches??

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
So in desperation to pretend there are no away fans, Watford have banned glowsticks !!! SHAME ON THEM BOO HISS !! However in every £1 shop and 99p store you can buy cigarette lighters that have torches built into them. It just so happens that the torches are available in either BLUE or WHITE and they are actually very bright too. Even better news is that they are £1 or 99p per pack of 4. :clap2:
Surely not even a big club such as Watford could ban these!

Attachments

• lighter.jpg
    lighter.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 125

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Good idea, also many mobile/smart phones have a built-in torch

As much as Watford have tried to ruin our light up the away end idea, the more it should make us determined to do it. Ok they have banned glow sticks and as the idea was to show us lighting up our section it would be impossible to hide them while doing so. So YEAH TORCHES ON LIGHTERS, PHONES AND MAYBE EVEN JUST TORCHES. I'm off to the £1 shop later to stock up !!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks heavens this nonsense has been stopped

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
It's a Football match,not a fcuking Live Aid Concert.
Please can we drop the ideas and get back to doing the normal away fans ritual - standing and chanting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a Football match,not a fcuking Live Aid Concert.
Please can we drop the ideas and get back to doing the normal away fans ritual - standing and chanting.

you forgot the drinking bit

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm truly amazed at how sad our fans are becoming, do we really need f***ing lights to create an atmosphere. I've never seen anything so pathetic, glow lights ! Lighters ! Torches ! f*** sake next you'll be urging people to bring the fairy lights of their Christmas trees !

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It's a Sussex thing to stand up to people that say no and reply with a big FU. If you're not Sussex enough to stand up against the bullies then carry on cowering in the corner agreeing to everything you're told to do.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
So in desperation to pretend there are no away fans, Watford have banned glowsticks !!! SHAME ON THEM BOO HISS !! However in every £1 shop and 99p store you can buy cigarette lighters that have torches built into them. It just so happens that the torches are available in either BLUE or WHITE and they are actually very bright too. Even better news is that they are £1 or 99p per pack of 4. :clap2:

May I ask your age? The playschool my niece goes to are trying to organise something similar for when the clocks go back.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

My main question would be ................................. WHY??

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There must be plenty of ways you can sneak some glow sticks into the stadium, put them around your arms and legs as they won't search everybody and they're not exactly dangerous items

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Can't believe those that are against this idea. Yeah let's be boring and dull like every other away support, boo every creative and original idea.
Can't stay the 'why...' people.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Flashing wristbands :D

Nice touch for the gig

Don't think the away end at Watford will look quite the same though!

Personally I can't see why someone felt the need to ask Watfords permission for glow sticks and why you are going to follow that advice if you do it on mass anyway. Think it will look good for songs involving clapping, so just do it. Easy enough to hide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here