Watford Junction to Vicarage Road

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Anyone know how long it takes to walk to the ground?

Train due into WJ at half six but got to pick ticket up at ground by 7. Anyone know if this is enough time?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No you might miss the game, not.

25 minute walk to ground

Seagull Stew

Last time I went there, I think you had to walk around some garden allotments to get to the away end. David James was in goal for them then so it might have changed a bit since!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Go to Watford High Street station, one change from Euston but only 25 mins to get there on the 18:12 at Platform 5. And 10 mins from the ground.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Anyone know how long it takes to walk to the ground?

Train due into WJ at half six but got to pick ticket up at ground by 7. Anyone know if this is enough time?

Why pick-up before 7. I too have to pick up my ticket at the Watford ticket office but was not advised that it had to be before 7.

Incidentally it is a 20 min brisk walk.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I got a taxi there last season with a few other Albion fans from right outside the station. Only cost a couple of quid each between 5 of us and took 5-10 mins. Only really did it because we were running late and it was freezing cold.
It is a bit pointless if you have plenty of time though, as it doesn't take long to walk. You do have to walk through Watford though, which isn't nice.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
The nearest station is Watford High Street, a ten minute walk away from the ground. However you are likely to come into Watford Junction train station, which is about a 20 minute walk. Either get a train to Watford High Street from Watford Junction or if you have time to walk to the ground then:

Leave the station & take main road straight opposite (Clarendon Road) all the way (over Ring Road at lights) up to the High Street. Turn left and go past Wetherspoons (Moon under Water) on your right and then take the first right after 100 yards into Market Street. Continue along again crossing Ring Road to T junction & then left at an excellent chip shop. Vicarage Road is the next right turn. It should take around 15-20 minutes to walk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports