Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watches

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Had to find this thread again as wanted some 'genuine' opinions!!

First, and most importantly I wear a watch on the left hand and never wear one to bed.

I have a couple of G-Shocks that I use for work as they can cope with any abuse I give them.
My wife bought me a lovely Tissot Quadrato chrono in blue for a wedding gift which I wear when I'm not at work.

I have just recently purchased a Corum Bubble, limited edition Joker - looks like this: http://www.swisstime.ch/doc/produit_img/636/img/i_636_1_500.jpg

I originally wanted this when I was 21 but couldn't afford it. I managed to find one for an amazing price, unworn with box, papers and accessories and I am as happy as a pig in poo! I think what makes me like this more, is that no one else in my family thinks it looks nice (my son will just have to cope with it, as it will be his when I'm long gone!) so I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks of it to get a more general opinion.

Part of me wants to keep it in its pristine condition but I bought it as I love it and I'm looking forward to using it often. How many of you have nice watches that never leave the box?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

First, and most importantly I wear a watch on the left hand and never wear one to bed.

I have a couple of G-Shocks that I use for work as they can cope with any abuse I give them.
My wife bought me a lovely Tissot Quadrato chrono in blue for a wedding gift which I wear when I'm not at work.

I have just recently purchased a Corum Bubble, limited edition Joker - looks like this: http://www.swisstime.ch/doc/produit_img/636/img/i_636_1_500.jpg

I originally wanted this when I was 21 but couldn't afford it. I managed to find one for an amazing price, unworn with box, papers and accessories and I am as happy as a pig in poo! I think what makes me like this more, is that no one else in my family thinks it looks nice (my son will just have to cope with it, as it will be his when I'm long gone!) so I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks of it to get a more general opinion.

Part of me wants to keep it in its pristine condition but I bought it as I love it and I'm looking forward to using it often. How many of you have nice watches that never leave the box?

I have a few that have never been unboxed - mostly limited edition Swatch from events, but others too.

As for your Joker - sorry, I'm with your family. It looks like a novelty Swatch, but costs the same as a decent Omega. Not a fan.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I've always loved the Corum bubble watch. A friend of mine at work bought one about 10 years ago. The "lucifer" model. Only 666 made I believe. I'd rather go with one of the plain coloured models, they age better. As long as you love your one, who really cares eh!

I'm always looking at watches to buy. I can't resist them. My parents bought me a watch winder for Christmas which I'm very happy with. My favourite watch is my Franck Muller "Crazy Hours" in black with leather strap. An ex girlfriend bought me it as a gift. It always gets lots of comments. People very much love it or hate it much like your bubble. I also have a very nice omega Seamaster but my daily beater is a vintage seiko 5. It only cost me 70 quid, absolutely love it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm always looking at watches to buy. I can't resist them. My parents bought me a watch winder for Christmas which I'm very happy with.

I have a few Automatics, amongst my watches.

Over Christmas I happened across some trash TV program about homes for the super-rich. One of the little niceties one inetrior designer had included, was a special 'watch draw' in the bedroom, designed so that the little velvet compartments for each watch, gently oscilate, to replicate being worn on the wrist, so that the owner could pick out any one of his collection after months of sitting idle, and it would still be running at the right time.

I'd like one of those.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tag Aquamaster daily, Rolex Submariner for "best" and have a coupel of others. I love watches, or rather the engineering of them.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Wear one?
Yes
Which wrist?
Left
what type?
Patek Philipe, Nautilus
do you wear it to bed/all the time or remove each eve?
Remove it each evening.

If I got a nice bonus I would pay up to £15k on a watch.. It is all relative really. If I had a bad year I would do without a watch.

I think it is good to own a few nice watches to be passed through generations.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tag Aquamaster daily, Rolex Submariner for "best" and have a coupel of others. I love watches, or rather the engineering of them.

Apologies,

Yes do wear one.

Left Wrist

Always take it off at night

Dream watch, an AP Royal Oak.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Danish Design, left wrist. Goes on the beside thingy overnight. Very plain - looks not unlike those Swiss railway-style watches. In an ideal world it'd be an IWC Portuguesa, but that kind of money is well beyond my means.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
I have a few that have never been unboxed - mostly limited edition Swatch from events, but others too.

As for your Joker - sorry, I'm with your family. It looks like a novelty Swatch, but costs the same as a decent Omega. Not a fan.

Don't apologise! The world would be boring if we all liked the same things. Ive always liked watches and waited a long time to own this so the fact that many other people don't like it makes me feel unusually unique (or special!) - as I'm sure some of your watches do for you!

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
I've always loved the Corum bubble watch. A friend of mine at work bought one about 10 years ago. The "lucifer" model. Only 666 made I believe. I'd rather go with one of the plain coloured models, they age better. As long as you love your one, who really cares eh!

I agree! I like most of the Bubbles too but weirdly enough wasn't a fan of the Lucifer. That crazy hours looks cool, I won't dare ask the cost of that!!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Double Post.

Attachments

• fake_rolex.jpg
    fake_rolex.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 170

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here