Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Waste & Recycling collection

zoe

Jul 5, 2003
The Mobile Shop Withdean
I've always found calling B&H council out on Twitter usually works. Prior to last week, we hadn't had a recycling collection since Christmas Eve. Last week, on the morning of our expected collection, I tweeted the council saying that I hoped they would be collecting as it was Christmas Eve since the last collection. They replied, saying they would contact City Clean (who no longer have a Twitter account) and within half an hour, they were collecting our recycling. Guess it doesn't always work, but might be worth a try.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having no collection last week phoned council to enquire when to expect the next collection,amazed to find phones not being manned so went to their website and tried to send an e/mail, completed a number of forms however pressing submit they all stayed on the screen.
In view of the reported council who have fined those who left bins on the pavement i am far from pleased in my situation. I t is understood that staff sickness is causing problems however there must be a considerable number of unemployed people who would accept temporary positions

On local news the other day - 20 BHCC bin men are currently off with self declared Coronavirus symptoms.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What do you suggest? Shopping always comes in the same packaging, more purchases are being made on line due to lockdown, and the deliveries are normally packaged well ( over packaged)..so whats your suggestion for generate less rubbish?

I agree.....only solution I’ve found is not to buy anything from Amazon...but I’ve failed miserably

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
cla.jpg

Bloody Christmas collections

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just had our recycling collected. Our usual day is Tuesday, so I was half-expecting nothing to be collected until 9 January. It was nice surprise.

I'm hopeful that our rubbish will be collected tomorrow now.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have to say that Horsham District Council have been excellent since we moved here from Brighton. Never miss a collection of Waste, Recycling or Garden. They let us know when collections are over the holiday - rubbish collected yesterday at crack of dawn.
The negligence of B&H Council by running down services was one of the reasons we moved out of its domain.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We have no green waste collection from mid December until late February (10 weeks). Which means that towards the end of January when folk are doing their coppicing and so on - everyone scurries around trying to borrow other people's green bins.

Never quite worked out why they do this. When they finally come to collect it, every bin has been jumped in a few times to squash stuff down, is jam-packed and overflowing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Brilliant in Arundel, collected Thu before Christmas and collected with recycling again today

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just had our recycling collected. Our usual day is Tuesday, so I was half-expecting nothing to be collected until 9 January. It was nice surprise.

I'm hopeful that our rubbish will be collected tomorrow now.
If your normal day for recycling is Tuesday then it's the same as ours so, I would assume, that your next rubbish collection will be Saturday rather than Thursday - i.e. two days behind. To be fair to the council - they appear to be sticking to the PDF on their website.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ok here in Adur….we would have been shoved on 2 days due to the 2 bank holidays…..so the collection that i normally had on Tuesday you would have expected today Thursday…..except that they turned up yesterday….as it happens i was outside when they turned up and when i mentioned this the guy said ‘’oh i wondered why a lot of people hadn’t put their bins out’’ 🤦‍♂️

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That must have been added today (or very late last night). I checked last night for our collection today, and they had nothing about hanges to the collection.
Same here. I checked first thing this morning. I have a very full bin, foxes and seagulls will have a field day if I leave bags out

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
FAO Residents of Brighton & Hove

View attachment 171854View attachment 171855
And for recycling see below
They've added that!! I went out under the cover of darkness Boxing Day night feeling very pleased with myself that I'd checked the website & my glass box would only be out for a few hours before anyone saw the contents. It's still there and I've been saying to the neighbours that I hope I didn't disturb them with my 15 visitors. They'll see through the schloer & j20 bottles strategically placed on the top for good measure. I also checked this morn for rubbish.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have to say that Horsham District Council have been excellent since we moved here from Brighton. Never miss a collection of Waste, Recycling or Garden. They let us know when collections are over the holiday - rubbish collected yesterday at crack of dawn.
The negligence of B&H Council by running down services was one of the reasons we moved out of its domain.
I know it's not in Sussex, but up here Hillingdon Council are the same in informing of date changes etc.....
No problem at all with any of the collections, and if missed they're straight out with missed collections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here