Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waste of Space Loan Striker Hall of Fame

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its incredible that some of these loanees have contract at a prem team and even more so that clubs like ours should consider them. had any scouts even looked at Akpom and Obika as clearly neither of them are up to it. Do some of these loan strikers bring an attitude with them? I don't know but i would suggest the responsibility for having these players at the club lies with those in the management team who selected them as clearly they have serious flaws in their game. But starting Akpom in preference to Hemed is puzzling.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Bit harsh. He only played in 3 games, and the last of those was for less than 15 mins before a horrific injury!

You may be right. But I do remember being quite excited about the prospect of two new strikers playing together - Warren and Adekola. They were absolute toilet.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We discussed this briefly on the concourse after the game. The general consensus being that whilst Paynter and Obika were rubbish they at least tried. Akpom on Saturday just looked lost. Leon Best was by far the worst as he clearly didn't try, didn't care and has somehow managed to steal a very good living masquerading as a professional footballer for years.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Gary Rowell the Sunderland ' star '

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Riccardo Gabbiadini

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here