Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasp nests

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have heard ant powder around the entrance to the nest works.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
On a recent trip to Turkey we managed to disturb a nest of these bad boys during an excursion.

The guide at the back of the group was set upon, and despite not speaking much English managed to scream the words... "these bees - they make me crazy" as he threw his T-Shirt to the ground and ran around waving his arms furiously.

If I had a video camera it would have been the easiest £250 I would ever have made.

Attachments

• hornet.jpg
    hornet.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 202

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
an old chap three doors away from us ran over a nest with his lawnmower two years ago - the wasps got so annoyed they attacked him and he died - i would get rid of the nest

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've had a nest in the loft to deal with in each of the last 2 summers.

I go up there looking like the man from the Milk Tray ad covered head to foot in black, armed with a torch and a massive can of killer foam.

The blast of spray last about 10 seconds but you're always worried some of the wasps will kick off on your face.

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
ooooooooooo i walked past that school earlier on my way back from the hospital. I must report that i didnt see any wasps or kids for that matter and your also be glad too know i made it past safely .:wave:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have heard ant powder around the entrance to the nest works.

lighter + deodorant or other flamable aerosol around the entrance does well too.

:flameboun

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I once had a wasp nest in the far corner of my loft.

I wanted to spray it but I didn't want to risk being trapped by angry wasps.

So, I put the aerosol can in the freezer for a couple of hours. When the propellant was nicely cold, I punctured the can with a nail and hurled it like a grenade into the far reaches of the loft.

Job done.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
an old chap three doors away from us ran over a nest with his lawnmower two years ago - the wasps got so annoyed they attacked him and he died - i would get rid of the nest

Jesus, you've lived all that time and to die like that.....that's sad. I think generally they are not angry, but scared, least that's what I've been told. I have of course no evidence for this.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My dad used to call wasps Jaspers. Anyone else heard them called that and know why?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Wasps are very useful creatures to have around the garden as they eat a lot of pests and help with the pollination. If they are not causing you a problem then leave them alone.
They will all die in winter except the queen who flies off in spring to find another nest site.
Paying someone to kill them at this time of year is like throwing money away.
Long live the wasp!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Wasps are very useful creatures to have around the garden as they eat a lot of pests and help with the pollination. If they are not causing you a problem then leave them alone.
They will all die in winter except the queen who flies off in spring to find another nest site.
Paying someone to kill them at this time of year is like throwing money away.
Long live the wasp!

Thank you! That's what I was thinking.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Wasps are very useful creatures to have around the garden as they eat a lot of pests and help with the pollination.

i'd honestly rather have a plantless, pollenless, wildlife free, desolate, concrete garden than tons of wasps flying around.

in fact i'd do almost anything to stop me doing my wasp dance every summer.....
:rave:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
i'd honestly rather have a plantless, pollenless, wildlife free, desolate, concrete garden than tons of wasps flying around.

in fact i'd do almost anything to stop me doing my wasp dance every summer.....
:rave:

agreed - all wasps should be banished to hell. Alongside the cats.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I had a wasps nest in the garden; there were grass cuttings covering an old fence post hole and they'd dug though the cuttings to form a nest.

The bastards stung me twice and stung my one year old too / agressive little sods they were. After some research I put a glass bowl over the nest hole one night and they all died after many days of banging their head on the glass to get out. Apparently they will just form another hole to get out if you block the nest with something opaque but just keep trying if the light can shine through.

Bees are daft!

And Brentford are shit!

...and I get confused between bees and wasps sometimes but am pretty sure these were wasps

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I got stung by a wasp a few weeks ago, it fell out of my girlfriends hat as I was carrying it, I didn't realise what the tickling sensation was on my underarm, brushed it and got stung. It didn't hurt anywhere near as much as I remembered from my youth. No swelling, just a little thorn shaped sting which I pulled out no prob.

However would not want a thousand of the angry fuckers going at me, and you never know you may be allergic. Get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here