Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Washer/Dryer or humidifier

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Washing machine is on the blink and needs replacing ..generally washing is hung out although due to volume of washing done by some :)facepalm:) quite a bit indoors …anyway during Winter months outdoor drying is not an option …so sometimes the heating is on just to get washing dry ..against that how expensive is the dryer to run (no room for tumble dryer ….or should I go for a dehumidifier
I benefit from a lower overnight tariff which I’m looking to use either on.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Washer dryers don't compare well to separates on reliability or performance. A dehumidifier will take longer to dry clothes, but if you can live with that it might be a good option for you. I have one in our bedroom, to keep the damp down rather than dry clothes. The noise does take adjusting to and it needs emptying every couple of days, but run costs are relatively low.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks

I have a heated area (quite large) which I run at night ….the two adults are like two teenagers with the volume they produce ..so it’s not sufficient:(

I had to read that three times before I understood why loud teenagers would effect drying washing :dunce:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Washing machine is on the blink and needs replacing ..generally washing is hung out although due to volume of washing done by some :)facepalm:) quite a bit indoors …anyway during Winter months outdoor drying is not an option …so sometimes the heating is on just to get washing dry ..against that how expensive is the dryer to run (no room for tumble dryer ….or should I go for a dehumidifier
I benefit from a lower overnight tariff which I’m looking to use either on.

We bought a drying pod for our daughter for when she is at uni as she needed to get her work clothes washed and dried before her next shift, some times by the next day (Part time job in a burger restaurant to help with living costs).

She say's it works quite well.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/53211/dry-soon-drying-pod?src=gfeed&gclid=CjwKCAjwyaWZBhBGEiwACslQo_QEZZN-3g8f4EQ_gZVrkqC9tptAcldsbsv5We65J1AxTQnDx_ONYBoCvvkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Washer dryers don't compare well to separates on reliability or performance. A dehumidifier will take longer to dry clothes, but if you can live with that it might be a good option for you. I have one in our bedroom, to keep the damp down rather than dry clothes. The noise does take adjusting to and it needs emptying every couple of days, but run costs are relatively low.

Agreed …just nowhere to put it …space in the house overall is limited ..two up two down with one in the loft ..I try to be minimalistic with furniture etc ..but the volume of clothes hanging around is a tad annoying

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We bought a drying pod for our daughter for when she is at uni as she needed to get her work clothes washed and dried before her next shift, some times by the next day (Part time job in a burger restaurant to help with living costs).

She say's it works quite well.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/53211/dry-soon-drying-pod?src=gfeed&gclid=CjwKCAjwyaWZBhBGEiwACslQo_QEZZN-3g8f4EQ_gZVrkqC9tptAcldsbsv5We65J1AxTQnDx_ONYBoCvvkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yes I’ve seen them ..not quite the capacity unfortunately…the heated airer is quite something..but again not enough for volume and not really space for another

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As someone else posted, we got this last year, best investment and the misses research said it doesn't use much leccy.. Screenshot_20220920-142711_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Heated clothes rail from Lakeland.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

But that just shifts the moisture from the clothes to the house, with possible condensation problems.

We have an Ebac dehumidifier which we shut in a small room with the clothes on an airer. Works well, and I use the reclaimed water to flush the loo. :thumbsup:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I still dry stuff outside all through the winter. OK, not if under freezing. But there's tonnes of wind in Brighton. And even if it doesn't get it completely dry, it's drier, then bring it in and put it back out the next day.

Normally it does the trick and we'll be doing it more this year with the electricity prices we're forecast

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally I still dry stuff outside all through the winter. OK, not if under freezing. But there's tonnes of wind in Brighton. And even if it doesn't get it completely dry, it's drier, then bring it in and put it back out the next day.

Normally it does the trick and we'll be doing it more this year with the electricity prices we're forecast

Depends on your circumstances doesn’t it ..no way better to dry clothes than on the line ..BUT ..enclosed small gardens aren’t great for ‘wind’ least mine isn’t and sun won’t shine in it during Winter

Plus depends on volume and yes electric/gas prices are a concern

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here