Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was there an altercation after the game in the coach park area?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I too saw a bit of Cardiff-related aggro yesterday, but this was before the game, while I was on duty.

A people carrier with a disabled badge pulled up at Pease Pottage services and a slightly overweight elderly couple wearing Cardiff shirts got out. They both went inside, and a few minutes later, I saw the woman mention to staff that the ladies toilets were all out of hand soap.

Just when I thought it was all going to kick off big style, the staff arranged for some more to to be brought out and the dispensers were refilled to a satisfactory level. Say what you like about the Soul Crew, but they sure do get things done.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I too saw a bit of Cardiff-related aggro yesterday, but this was before the game, while I was on duty.

A people carrier with a disabled badge pulled up at Pease Pottage services and a slightly overweight elderly couple wearing Cardiff shirts got out. They both went inside, and a few minutes later, I saw the woman mention to staff that the ladies toilets were all out of hand soap.

Just when I thought it was all going to kick off big style, the staff arranged for some more to to be brought out and the dispensers were refilled to a satisfactory level. Say what you like about the Soul Crew, but they sure do get things done.

Says you!

I happen to know they were in fact ICF.

If you had a sharp brain like wot I have you too would have deduced that they wanted to create a lather and then launch into 'I'm forever blowing' bahbbles'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Says you!

I happen to know they were in fact ICF.

If you had a sharp brain like wot I have you too would have deduced that they wanted to create a lather and then launch into 'I'm forever blowing' bahbbles'.

Well they did have a Cardiff sticker in their car and Cardiff shirts on, hence I deduced that they were probably Soul Crew in disguise (cunningly pretending not to be Soul Crew by wearing football shirts).

There was a rumour for those ITK that a meet up had been arranged with members of the 6:57 Crew at the Wild Bean Cafe in Patcham, but it doesn't look like any of them showed.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Well they did have a Cardiff sticker in their car and Cardiff shirts on, hence I deduced that they were probably Soul Crew in disguise (cunningly pretending not to be Soul Crew by wearing football shirts).

There was a rumour for those ITK that a meet up had been arranged with members of the 6:57 Crew at the Wild Bean Cafe in Patcham, but it doesn't look like any of them showed.

No rumour. It took off like a good 'un. Plod too late as usual *DR Whistling Smiley*

There is a new youth fanatic group forming yanno.

The Patcham Local Urban Mafioso's. Plums for short.

Average age 5.Nasty mob. Could have got out of hand had Tommy Scott's mum not arrive to take him to the dentist.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
One of the three coaches was alighted by the said occupants who refused to get back on until their "chum" was returned to the fold having been nabbed by the OB during the game ... The coach driver was getting a little twitchy as his hours were obviously ticking away ... not sure how the problem was resolved but the coach was leaving as I boarded the P&R bus ....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the three coaches was alighted by the said occupants who refused to get back on until their "chum" was returned to the fold having been nabbed by the OB during the game ... The coach driver was getting a little twitchy as his hours were obviously ticking away ... not sure how the problem was resolved but the coach was leaving as I boarded the P&R bus ....

My God. Refusing to get on a coach? It's like 1980 all over again.

:lolol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
More backbone than the 47 on our coach at Liverpool when one of our number was left, forever wandering in a hostile northern City.

That said, he was the only Albion fan out of thousands who was unable to locate the near 60 coaches/min-buses!

(I was going to lead the protest but needed to get home for my tea.)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More backbone than the 47 on our coach at Liverpool when one of our number was left, forever wandering in a hostile northern City.

That said, he was the only Albion fan out of thousands who was unable to locate the near 60 coaches/min-buses!

and the important news...have they arrived back home yet?????

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Did they make a 'clean' getaway???

I believe he caught a train to Luton, or somesuch place.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and the important news...have they arrived back home yet?????

I believe his homing signal eventually got him back to Brighton at about 2:30am :lolol:

I haven't seen him since then, but I have been assured by Mendoza amongst others that he is still speaking to us :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff

This is almost exactly what happened. One of the kids (a teenager, 17 or 18 year-old I think) travelling on our bus was apparently arrested during the game, although his mates didn't seem to know why. The coach operator did his best to get the kid released so he could travel back with us, but the local plod wouldn't relent so we had to go home without him.

A similar thing happened at Hull earlier in the season. On that occasion, another teenager (17) was arrested for shouting abuse at a linesman after we had a penalty appeal turned down. The police initially refused to release him, so all of the occupants of the nine coaches got off, sat down in the car park and refused to move until he was allowed to travel home. They released him about half an hour after the game. All charges were eventually dropped.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
This is almost exactly what happened. One of the kids (a teenager, 17 or 18 year-old I think) travelling on our bus was apparently arrested during the game, although his mates didn't seem to know why. The coach operator did his best to get the kid released so he could travel back with us, but the local plod wouldn't relent so we had to go home without him.

A similar thing happened at Hull earlier in the season. On that occasion, another teenager (17) was arrested for shouting abuse at a linesman after we had a penalty appeal turned down. The police initially refused to release him, so all of the occupants of the nine coaches got off, sat down in the car park and refused to move until he was allowed to travel home. They released him about half an hour after the game. All charges were eventually dropped.
:thumbsup:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

They charged the linesman ! Good work :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here