Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it really FIVE YEARS ago..................

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I'd agree. A very exciting season, not the best talent wise though.
I'd have to say the season we got relegated from the Championship (2005/2006) was the dullest season. I was actually looking forward to us seeing some of the ball once we got relegated.

2005/06 wasn't that dull for me - we were still going to the likes of Wolves, Ipswich, Norwich, Sheffield United who all seemed like big teams back that! Even if we did take an absolute pasting in most of the games.

Losing to Doncaster the season after with Mark bloody McCammon scoring just summed that campaign up. We were never in danger of going down really, we were never ever going to go up and as nice as it was seeing Wilkins picking all his youth team, they were dire to watch.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Image005.jpg

How did it get that big?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The table after the MK Dons debacle would be a better one to look at. We were doomed that day

Would also like to see this.

The following game at Hereford was massive.

Even the table after the next defeat at home to Swindon would be interesting to see.

We were utterley doomed and heading back to the 4th division. Amazing how we pulled that off. Gary Hart and Owusu were possessed those last few games

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'd say it was one of the most exciting and certainly one of the most entertaining seasons - 75& of it for all the wrong reason. Much better than 2006/07 anyway which is undoubtedly the dullest I can remember. In fact both seasons under Wilkins were utterly devoid of anything approaching value for money.

May have been dull football but I was immensely proud to be following Brighton at the time. We had around 7 of the 11 starting born in Sussex. If I recall correctly Wilkins also got us to 7[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league, only loosing out from getting into the playoffs due to 0-0 draws at Leeds and Nottingham Forrest late on in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here