Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Was it really £7.60 a pint at West Ham today?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Topless in Newcastle, you say...?

nintchdbpict000371850982.jpg

Goodness!
He has lost so much weight he has stretch marks !

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I believe the council are trying to re-coup some of the losses to tax payers from the generally bad deal the tax payers got from the original stadium deal. Someone who may have been sensible has suggested that maybe West Ham could recognise this an partially off set the £7 pint with a voucher system that West Ham United fund for fans.

It was quoted as 93 years for the recovery of money assigned to the ground, maybe +£2 on a pint reduces the “mortgage term”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I cannot imagine ever being hungry enough to pay £9.50 for a burger from a snack van but then again maybe I'm tight or seek value for money because I have never bought food or drink on an Easyjet flight.

Had I known it was £9.50 I wouldn't have bothered. I wasn't really paying attention and was rushing to get in the ground (my online banking tells me the purchase was 13:57) It wasn't until he stuck the card reader in front of my face I clocked it. I could have told him to do one I suppose.

I did wonder if I'd gone to a gourmet burger wagon but tasting it I soon realised it wasn't anything special and looking at the other vans outside they were all priced similarly. Chicken burger next door was £9.90!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
£6.60 for a warm flat pint of Amstel at half time.

Heard the horror stories about the prices in the ground so decided to get a cheese burger outside.......£9.50! Robbing ********! Was ****ing horrible as well!

Should have gone to Taverna In The Park, which is outside of the stadium ring, from memory the burger with fries and a soft drink was £10 as well as Greek options which all looked tasty plus beers and wine available. Also had a small seating area,

Alternatively always better to get off at Hackney Wick as lots of bars close to the station, or on the canal.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Should have gone to Taverna In The Park, which is outside of the stadium ring, from memory the burger with fries and a soft drink was £10 as well as Greek options which all looked tasty plus beers and wine available. Also had a small seating area,

Alternatively always better to get off at Hackney Wick as lots of bars close to the station, or on the canal.

Very good shouts these.....I know the area very well as I worked at Here East (what was the press centre for the Olympics) for 3 years. Plenty of "half decent" food options at Westfield as well along with a couple of drinking options. But we drank at London Bridge and probably had a pint more than we should have and were pressed for time.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

Agree - a few nice food cafes within the Olympic Park - the ice cream kiosk was excellent. After the game we are at Haugen, that strange wooden shaped restaurant just before you enter Westfield . Food excellent-Swiss themed

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I got a BLT from M&S at London Bridge for £4 and ate it on the way to Stratford on the tube.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I should also add that along with my 9 quid pint of Hipster IPA, I had a Hot dog with extra bacteria from the guy in the Union Jack face mask at Hackney Wick tube station for 3 quid (my lad is a hot dog addict)

I had the shits yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here