Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was forcing Sanchez out the worst decision our club has made in years?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, he sat on the bench, then was recalled for Chelsea away and the cup semi, played really well, and was dropped again as soon as Steele was fit.

De Zerbi refused to play him. Don't shift the blame to Sanchez.
That is not what was reported. Sanchez asked not to be included.
Rumours, strongly hinted, he was turning up late, as well.
Stinking attitude.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, that is exactly what was reported.

Yes, rumours. Hello Fabrizio.
I know we’re both retired now, but would either of us have said to our boss I’m here but don’t give me any work today as I don’t want to be included? Come on!

I’m not talking about Twitter rumours but you & I both know, there are people on Nsc who know people connected with the club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know we’re both retired now, but would either of us have said to our boss I’m here but don’t give me any work today as I don’t want to be included? Come on!

I’m not talking about Twitter rumours but you & I both know, there are people on Nsc who know people connected with the club.
You and I both know there are people on NSC with an agenda! De Zerbi can do no wrong is just such an agenda.

..............and yes, I've been at work, and have been offered a place on a project team, and turned it down because I didn't agree with it. I stayed in my original position - but if someone had offered to double my salary to do the same role elsewhere, I'd have taken it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ban this mug. How long you supported my team ?
I'll be honest, I'm not a massive fan of how you use this Board and how you engage with other posters. You're going to have to moderate it a bit or I'll do it for you.

Thanks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

……….heard he was brilliant and committed with the U21s and academy whilst he was ousted from the first team squad.

Sanchez forced himself out to get more money, and it’s great it’s backfiring on the pitch for him

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You and I both know there are people on NSC with an agenda! De Zerbi can do no wrong is just such an agenda.

..............and yes, I've been at work, and have been offered a place on a project team, and turned it down because I didn't agree with it. I stayed in my original position - but if someone had offered to double my salary to do the same role elsewhere, I'd have taken it.
Turning down a project is not the same as saying you don’t want to work, but you knew that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Getting spanked brings things to a head doesnt it. Things you've been thinking for ages laid bare to see. It's the perfect timing to get things off your chest :shrug:
Yes and no.

We all get frustrated, disappointed and angry at results and performances and here is as good a place as any to let off that steam but we don't need endless knee jerk threads. Just have a rant in the match thread and move on.

There'll be better debate on any of these subjects when emotions aren't so high.

I love laughing at the entitlement of Palace fans when they go into meltdown but it becomes harder to do so when there are so many over the top responses to a loss on here.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes and no.

We all get frustrated, disappointed and angry at results and performances and here is as good a place as any to let off that steam but we don't need endless knee jerk threads. Just have a rant in the match thread and move on.

There'll be better debate on any of these subjects when emotions aren't so high.

I love laughing at the entitlement of Palace fans when they go into meltdown but it becomes harder to do so when there are so many over the top responses to a loss on here.

Guess I've been stewing over one of my favourite players being dropped for a good 12 months. I accepted it when the style of play had Steele as a key focal point and it was producing results.

Its harder to accept when our style has reverted back to what we were playing when Sanchez was in goal.

It's harder to accept when other team's keepers produce man of the match performances in games we otherwise dominate, but the reverse is never true.

So it's not one game or two games or five games, it's just an ongoing litany of exasperation on my part. The situation is not changing and that is hugely frustrating. Maybe at 4 in the morning after an embarrassing performance and many bottles of beer wasnt the time to post it, but i can't say I feel different today.

But you'll agree I've been put in my place by most 😆

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I'll be honest, I'm not a massive fan of how you use this Board and how you engage with other posters. You're going to have to moderate it a bit or I'll do it for you.

Thanks.
I’m angry at that performance and somebody starts a thread about Sanchez !!! If I can’t fire back that’s ridiculous.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Guess I've been stewing over one of my favourite players being dropped for a good 12 months. I accepted it when the style of play had Steele as a key focal point and it was producing results.

Its harder to accept when our style has reverted back to what we were playing when Sanchez was in goal.

It's harder to accept when other team's keepers produce man of the match performances in games we otherwise dominate, but the reverse is never true.

So it's not one game or two games or five games, it's just an ongoing litany of exasperation on my part. The situation is not changing and that is hugely frustrating. Maybe at 4 in the morning after an embarrassing performance and many bottles of beer wasnt the time to post it, but i can't say I feel different today.

But you'll agree I've been put in my place by most 😆

I’m with you on this. There’s been so much revisionism on both Steele and Sanchez on these boards.

People claiming such rubbish like Steele pulling us up to 6th last year when he played 8 games less than Sanchez, won us less points, was statistically worse in everything but passing out from the back, conceded more goals per game and was in goal when we got spanked at the back end of the season in embarrassing fashion by Everton, Forest, Newcastle etc.

I appreciate RDZ wants something stylistically from a keeper, and I appreciate that maybe Sanchez couldn’t provide that. But being able to pass more effectively shouldn’t be at the expense of basic goalkeeping skill, otherwise you continue to put yourself in the position we’re in where we have a keeper in Steele who basically doesn’t make a save unless it’s hit right at him. And that’s just not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here