Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was Boehly at the game?

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
With all the excitement that happened yesterday, one thing that just occurred to me.
Was Todd Boehly actually at the match?
Anyone see him?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hopefully, I'm sure TB and Barbs would have loved to have had a drink and catch up with him and Potter after the game.

For all the diplomatic quotes, I fancy they have been pretty pissed off with the ransacking of the club, yesterday would have been a special result for them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully, I'm sure TB and Barbs would have loved to have had a drink and catch up with him and Potter after the game.

For all the diplomatic quotes, I fancy they have been pretty pissed off with the ransacking of the club, yesterday would have been a special result for them.
Given Paul Barber sat next to him at the dinner Boehly threw in the summer that smoothed over the Cucurella deal I doubt they are that bothered. May even have been in the directors box with Bloom & Barber

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah I don't doubt they will be professional about the situation, That isn't the same as "not being bothered" by it.
I’d imagine a bit of both. Angry and let down at first - but we sold a fullback for a PL record + world (?) record ‘fee’ for a manager and his staff. £80M in the bank from them and look like we’ve appointed a good replacement for them.

We might even reinvest some in a striker at some point ;-)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’d imagine a bit of both. Angry and let down at first - but we sold a fullback for a PL record + world (?) record ‘fee’ for a manager and his staff. £80M in the bank from them and look like we’ve appointed a good replacement for them.

We might even reinvest some in a striker at some point ;-)
Yup think they're happy and more importantly not nerve-wrecks. To some in here it sounded like GP moving on would instantly result in getting back to fighting for the 16th place and whatnot but I really, really don't think TB looked at it that way.

As for new striker... f*** that. Could it give Brighton another win or two in the short run? Maybe. IMO better to just give extra minutes to Fergie and Enciso and it will likely pay off just as well in terms of results and sales as bringing in some expensive fancy name to get quicker results. While I know a lot of people don't agree, i both see (and this is not based on yesterday but something I've said previously) Trossard as a very decent option up front, and I also think the gains from signing some Oddson Edouard or Adan Armstrong would be very limited... better stick with Welbz/Trossard as the main options and then put time and effort into making Fergie and Enciso reach the heights they can.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Yup think they're happy and more importantly not nerve-wrecks. To some in here it sounded like GP moving on would instantly result in getting back to fighting for the 16th place and whatnot but I really, really don't think TB looked at it that way.

As for new striker... f*** that. Could it give Brighton another win or two in the short run? Maybe. IMO better to just give extra minutes to Fergie and Enciso and it will likely pay off just as well in terms of results and sales as bringing in some expensive fancy name to get quicker results. While I know a lot of people don't agree, i both see (and this is not based on yesterday but something I've said previously) Trossard as a very decent option up front, and I also think the gains from signing some Oddson Edouard or Adan Armstrong would be very limited... better stick with Welbz/Trossard as the main options and then put time and effort into making Fergie and Enciso reach the heights they can.
Trossard will be gone as soon as an offer comes from Chelsea. I wonder If as part of our succession planning, Enciso is the long term replacement for Trossard. Unfortunately I think Enciso could be a couple of years off being top class and we might need to fill the gap for a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trossard will be gone as soon as an offer comes from Chelsea. I wonder If as part of our succession planning, Enciso is the long term replacement for Trossard. Unfortunately I think Enciso could be a couple of years off being top class and we might need to fill the gap for a while.
Even if GP isn’t there in January? :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t think so If anyone It could possibly be Mitoma what a class player and very intelligent. Trossard wil be 29 next year I might be wrong although I think he will sign a new deal.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Who would Trossard replace in the Chelsea attack ? He would end up as a squad player at best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here