Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Warwickshire v Sussex, Edgbaston, 13-16 April, LCCC Div 1***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Joyce makes his second ton - why on earth is he using up all his luck in this game ?

The " Luck of the Irish" is not a bottomless pit. I'm more worried about RHB, he seems to want to get home early it seems.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All too obvious as Trott 'drops' Joyce - the 4th drop this Innings - sad that the good old County Championship has succumbed to Far-Eastern Bookies....

Generous amount of overthrows too.....

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
What the HECK is going on with RHB? 41 off 33. He needs a good old fashioned dressing DOWN

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If the last 5 Warwickshire wickets can put on over 300 why not our first 5 doing the same. Victory is there for the taking and a really good early season lead. Without Prior, Wright and Nash. But does the 2nd innings figures show up our lack of a top class spinner? Always thought letting Olly Rayner go was an error.

I agree about Olly, he can also bat a bit.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Amazingly NOT... Sussex close on 273-2.... so we are back here tomorrow morning for the inevitable conclusion, with just 8 wickets required or an IMPROBABLE 57 runs.

Anyway, well batted Ed Joyce 125*, Luke Wells 57 and RHB 48*

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Couldn't Sx have claimed an extra half hour and put us out of our misery tonight?

No. Make the ****tards go out on the final day to teach them a damn good lesson about being competitive.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What the HECK is going on with RHB? 41 off 33. He needs a good old fashioned dressing DOWN

What happened to the good old fashioned playing yourself in? These kids have no idea what they are doing. Them throwing their wicket away in search of a strike rate of over 15 is down right stupid and will lead to a COLLAPSE due to pressure caused down the order

Total misunderstanding of Sussex cricket from BBC South(ampton) just now. Not only did we get Reading's wonder draw against Leicester and current play-off position analysed ad nauseam (Brighton and Bournemouth got a passing mention btw) but these immortal words followed:

"Sussex are well placed for an easy win vs Warwickshire at Edgbaston tomorrow needing just 57 to win with eight wickets remaining"

Aug 23, 2011
What happened to the good old fashioned playing yourself in? These kids have no idea what they are doing. Them throwing their wicket away in search of a strike rate of over 15 is down right stupid and will lead to a COLLAPSE due to pressure caused down the order

I think he probably thought that given the hopeless predicament that Sussex are in then he may as well throw his bat at antthing and try and get at least a few runs on the board before the inevitable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here