Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall

D

Deleted member 2719

I do like Warren, example tonight's match he says to cantor 'Austin gets up well for a small guy' Cantor 'I think he quite tall over 6ft'.
Warren 'na more like 5' 11, well I think so'.
Classic Aspinall, straight in the deep end, of course he's wrong he is 6'2 !!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am in the minority (again)
I can't stand his expert punditry and moaning
I listened on 5 Live

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"After leaving the game, Aspinall turned to drink and picked up a gambling addiction.[9] His gambling cost him around £1 million that he had earned during his long career.[9] On the verge of suicide, after narrowly avoiding death by train,[10] saved only by last minute thoughts of his family, he checked himself into the Sporting Chance clinic.[9] He has fronted a Samaritans campaign, "Men on the Ropes", that aims to reduce male suicides."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am also of fan, love his analysis and he says it as he sees it regarding players, managers and tactics. He has a knowledge of the game most of us can only dream about.

I think he may just be a tad biased though :smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"After leaving the game, Aspinall turned to drink and picked up a gambling addiction.[9] His gambling cost him around £1 million that he had earned during his long career.[9] On the verge of suicide, after narrowly avoiding death by train,[10] saved only by last minute thoughts of his family, he checked himself into the Sporting Chance clinic.[9] He has fronted a Samaritans campaign, "Men on the Ropes", that aims to reduce male suicides."
A thread like this popped up a year or two back when there was criticism of his pronunciation etc. I had listened to a programme detailing his struggles and so now as then, think we should encourage him and support him after coming back from the brink.... I hope he keeps up the good work and takes no notice of the idiots on here.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I like him, it feels more like listening to a knowledgeable mate rather than the brain dead parasites on the telly box footie programmes and not afraid to get off the fence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Warren Aspinall is exceptionally good in the role of summariser on SCR.

Despite a rare opportunity to watch live TV coverage I listened to the game on the radio (and had the TV pictures on my Ipad with the sound off) because I enjoy the commentary style and Warren's analyses so much.

Positive but quick to be constructively critical and clearly extremely knowledgeable about the Albion and the game in general.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A thread like this popped up a year or two back when there was criticism of his pronunciation etc. I had listened to a programme detailing his struggles and so now as then, think we should encourage him and support him after coming back from the brink.... I hope he keeps up the good work and takes no notice of the idiots on here.

Yes. He seems to have turned things around.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's excellent - unstinting in either his praise or his criticism depending on what he sees, with an expert, experienced eye.

And in an era where, for example, people high up in the club have on occasion reacted towards even mild criticism of activities on or off the pitch as if that level of comment simply shouldn't exist, you absolutely NEED someone with WA's sort of real integrity to deliver it - to point out occasionally that the emperor sometimes really isn't wearing any clothes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He's excellent - unstinting in either his praise or his criticism depending on what he sees, with an expert, experienced eye.

And in an era where, for example, people high up in the club have on occasion reacted towards even mild criticism of activities on or off the pitch as if that level of comment simply shouldn't exist, you absolutely NEED someone with WA's sort of real integrity to deliver it - to point out occasionally that the emperor sometimes really isn't wearing any clothes.

Agree 100%. Not only has he actually played professional football but he also lets out little bits of gossip as well regarding poss transfer targets and goings on. He alluded to David Burkes recruitment for example and it wasnt favourable.

An example was a certain player (name escapes me) all scouting reports were good but because he wasnt on Burkes list (literally) said player was dismissed by Burke and we missed getting him. Cant remember name of player but thats one example of WA gossip.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wozza is OK. JC is not a good commentator for radio though. Fortunately I didn't have to listen to him yesterday - although when you are actually watching the game is probably when his style would probably work best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here