Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Saw Wardy at Arundel tonight and shook his hand for the first time in over twenty years.:D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Has anyone invited him to the Nelson on Saturday?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I didn’t notice him.
:(

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Lush said:
Exactly.

And not only does he look shorter he's difficult to spot without the perm.

And without Spider Mellor by his side.

Perhapse that's why the other teams' defenders never spotted him untill it was too late!:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've got few hero's but Wardy is my no 1(and 2 etc etc).

Magic days, dare I say a much more exciting player than our current hero:glare:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I've got few hero's but Wardy is my no 1(and 2 etc etc).

Magic days, dare I say a much more exciting player than our current hero:glare:

No that would be unfair! Peter Ward had the advantage of being part of a truely great team, in the best times this club will ever see (unless Dick Tight goes soon before we are stuck at a small ground in Falmer!).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed about the team being better but I'm talking about his ability to run at two/three/four defenders and leave them kicking air and trailing in his wake before beating the keeper by either dribbling round him or scoring with an immaculate shot.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Agreed about the team being better but I'm talking about his ability to run at two/three/four defenders and leave them kicking air and trailing in his wake before beating the keeper by either dribbling round him or scoring with an immaculate shot.
Or getting clumped to the ground and winning (yet another) Penalty for the super soaraway seagulls !

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Icy Gull said:

Agreed, but i never saw him juggle the ball over three defenders like Bobby did, or score many with his head. They are both living legends.

However, like with you, Peter Ward just seems to have the edge. Perhapse it is because he is one of my greatest memories from my youth????

Did you go to Hereford and see his first goal for the club? I did. Happy days.:D

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately missed his debut and debut goal. Also missed his hatrick(?) at Molineux on an icy pitch when he was the only player who could stand up and play football as well:)

Unlike Justin(bambi) Fashanu at Peterborough in the snow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here