Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward out... who is in?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hasnt Chicksen been on the bench recently? However, I think the fact that it was Calderon that was brought on tells you hwats going to happen.

Calderon was the only option to come off the bench, neither Chicksen nor Maksimenko were available which is probably why they didn't come on. :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry thought Chicksen was on.... but it wont be Maxi. Hes a CB and therefore as suited as Calde.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I was not confident for Yeovil and neither am I for Doncaster but they are one of the less threatening sides in the division and if we sign players they really should be up to playing when there are no other genuine options, imo.

What message does it send to the players and what is the point in having and paying players in the 1st team squad if we're not even going to give them a game in circumstances like this?

therein lies the problem, the players the club has signed are not good enough.......this is just the predicament we have all been dreading, and it ain't getting any easier.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What is that based on? Friendlies? and Newport (where I think he came on)?

Bit unfair, I would argue that he's been outstanding for the Development Squad when I've watched them, but then that is 'just' the Development Squad.

Still, I would go with Calderon......

This is much how l feel, l think it is a bit too early to throw Chicksen in at the deep end, doing well for The Development Squad, and playing well in the first team are two very different things. Similarly the performances l've witnessed from Maksimenko earlier in the season didn't exactly fill me with confidence, so the experience of Calde is the only way to go at the moment.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I expect it to be Calde, but i would like to see Chicksen & Maksi at some point soon, just to see what they're all about.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
This is much how l feel, l think it is a bit too early to throw Chicksen in at the deep end, doing well for The Development Squad, and playing well in the first team are two very different things. Similarly the performances l've witnessed from Maksimenko earlier in the season didn't exactly fill me with confidence, so the experience of Calde is the only way to go at the moment.

It wouldn't exactly be chucking him into the deep end though would it? he's played loads of games in league 1, I would understand people's concerns if he hadn't played in many football league competitions, but he has and the fact is the club must of obviously saw something in him at MK Dons and if they aren't willing to play him now when a left back is needed, then when will he play? He's 22 if he's not ready to play now he never will be.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sorry thought Chicksen was on.... but it wont be Maxi. Hes a CB and therefore as suited as Calde.
No, he is a left footed player, who has played left back, left midfield and the left side of the central defensive pairing,.....therefore a tad more suited in the left back role than Calde.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I also expect it will be Calde filling in at LB but would prefer to see Chicksen given a run out. Perfect oppurtunity for the lad to show what he can offer.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It wouldn't exactly be chucking him into the deep end though would it? he's played loads of games in league 1, I would understand people's concerns if he hadn't played in many football league competitions, but he has and the fact is the club must of obviously saw something in him at MK Dons and if they aren't willing to play him now when a left back is needed, then when will he play? He's 22 if he's not ready to play now he never will be.

I agree. If he doesn't play when our recognised 1st choice LB isn't fit, not sure when he will be. He has made over 70 league apps in his career, so he isn't an Ince or March in terms of (in)experience.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Given that Maksimenko is a regular starter for his country and doesn't appear to have completely embarrassed himself surely he is the most obvious player to step in, at left back, with Calde taking the right.

I'd like a chance to assess him as I must confess I've not caught any recent international games featuring Latvia...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Has to be the Calde. Maxi will travel to cover injuries at left and centre back, i would imagine. Would behappy enough with such a line-up. Need to be tighter away from home, but also need points, so keeping on attacking with the poise and dare of our hairless artiste extraordinaire would be to our benefit. Would be good to be in a victorious 5-3 classic.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This is much how l feel, l think it is a bit too early to throw Chicksen in at the deep end, doing well for The Development Squad, and playing well in the first team are two very different things.

If there were some stepping stone between the DS and the first team then I'd be all for testing Chicksen at that level. However, that level doesn't exist. He's a LB, if we can't play him at a time like this then we shouldn't have bought him in the first place.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It'll probably be Calde, but I'll be annoyed if it is. He's much worse when playing on the left side, and when we have another player fit who can play there what's the point in having them. Chicksen will have been an utterly pointless signing if he doesn't play at the weekend imo.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Calde has to be first choice at LB , Chicksen/Maxi and Spanish Dave on the bench as defensive cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here