Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walsall Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shows our second string, which I include Dunk in, aren't good enough!

That is the alarming thing for me. Not being disrespectful to Walsaĺl but we should have enough strength in depth to score a goal from open play against a L1 side, even with all the changes made.

Let's hope the early momentum hasn't been lost.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Why, as Mick probably played eight or nine under 21s tonight so unlikely to affect the result on Saturday !

Ipswich made 8 changes to tonight's team from last Saturday according to radio commentary pre-match.

Although we made changes we still dragged the 1st team changes all the way up and made them sit on the bench...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Complacency. That was the first thought that struck me when I saw tonight's team - we needed more of our best players in it; maybe not all of them, but certainly more than were on show tonight.
Insultingly underestimated Walsall, who are a half decent side at the moment, and didn't take this competition nearly seriously enough. It might not be at the forefront of the management team's ambitions, but it's time they realised that many of their fans absolutely love a good cup run.
Worst of all, though, was the penalty taking decision. I admit I'm not JFC's biggest fan, but one thing that's obvious is that he can take penalties (and score from them) - so why, oh why, oh why wasn't somebody laying down the law tonight - CH from the touchline, or the captain on the field - and saying, right Jake, YOU take the penalty, no-one else go near it?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So the Second XI lost. Color me shocked....

Who's going to start the "Hughton Out" poll thread?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The result is not the problem, given its a friendly. The concern is they go a goal up against a lower league team and instead of cranking up what should be their superiority, they decide to take it easy. Same ole same ole. Mid table at best.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not being disrespectful to Walsaĺl but we should have enough strength in depth to score a goal from open play against a L1 side, even with all the changes made.

Come on. They are a good team, playing well. We have shallow resources. Not many changes are needed before we end up with a team looking like last season.

If we wanted to keep the momentum - keep the team together.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So the Second IX lost. Color me shocked....

Who's going to start the "Hughton Out" poll thread?

That's why we lost-only playing 9 men.

Hughton out!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Is it though.

We have only won one cup in our history. (not talking about winning lower leagues) That was the Charity Shield in 1910!!!!!

Lots of lower league clubs have one this cup and as said now gets the winner into Europa Cup.

I hate losing in any cup competition.

Agreed entirely not to mention the financial rewards of progressing within the 'Mickey Mouse' competition which if we had potentially drawn MU away well do your own maths !

Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
Not fussed about losing. It's a mickey mouse competition anyway. Let's concentrate on the important stuff, the league.
??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here