Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wallets, do you carry one?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still carry a leather wallet although rarely pulled out. When it is, it's usually followed with, sorry a £20 note is the smallest I have.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always, a timeless Mulberry one, chocolate brown leather and my favourite personal item

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Only time i use a wallet is when i am abroad.

Here never use a wallet and i only deal in cash which i fold up and put in that little pocket on your jeans ( right hand side ). This is why i hate the new notes i can't get as much in their.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've still got a wallet - in a cupboard or drawer somewhere, I suppose, but I can't remember where it is or when I stopped using it - it was so long ago. Probably about the time when the slots for £1 and ten bob notes became redundant .....................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No siree, mobile phone only.

I tried this until one day got to the check out at Lidl, everything through and bagged up only to find battery run out.

Huge embarrassment while they reversed all the shopping, put my laden trolley in their fridge and I slunk off to car to get enough charge in about 10 minutes to pay and get aforesaid trolley removed from its impoundment and put through checkout again. At least I had a cable in car…..

I now always carry a wallet or enough loose cash.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I carry a dark brown,deer-skin wallet that has aged beautifully with a lovely patina to it. I like the classic accessories, watch and wallet. It/s in my muscle memory now before I leave the house, if I forget phone, keys, wallet or watch I feel disoriented all day.

It's usually brimming with £50 notes. Found a tenner in there once. Embarrassing.

I don't approve of those that put all their cards and cash into their mobile phone case. If you lose it or it gets nicked, that's everything gone.

219218ED-9574-4AB6-A3DB-B54F520FFC84.jpeg

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I carry a dark brown,deer-skin wallet that has aged beautifully with a lovely patina to it. I like the classic accessories, watch and wallet. It/s in my muscle memory now before I leave the house, if I forget phone, keys, wallet or watch I feel disoriented all day.

It's usually brimming with £50 notes. Found a tenner in there once. Embarrassing.

I don't approve of those that put all their cards and cash into their mobile phone case. If you lose it or it gets nicked, that's everything gone.

View attachment 146962

Mobile phone case? Bollocks! - mobile phone (anything but a smart one!) in a different pocket - all my cards in my bus pass/senior citizen's railcard holder ..... and TBH there's a lot of cards! B&Q pensioners' discount card (on Wednesdays only) anyone?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I used to carry 2 wallets, one with driving license and some cards and the other one with more cards and some cash. I weeded out most of the cards a couple of years ago and now carry just one thin black leather(ish) wallet with driving license, 3 debit cards, 2 credit cards and, sometimes, cash (notes). If I have coins I keep them loose in my pocket with keys and phone.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Interesting to see how many people carry cash still. Literally the only place I use cash is the chip shop down the road from me (as they still don't accept card somehow), and I have to get a tenner out of the cash machine specially for it and it's a bloody nuisance ending up with a load of coins in change to carry round. Everywhere else I shop/eat/drink etc accepts card/contactless now, and many don't even accept cash anymore.

I have a slim wallet that just carries cards. Don't think I could go for the combined phone/wallet case, I'd be too anxious of losing it and therefore losing all of my payment methods, as well as management of my bank account, all in one go.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got a nice black leather one from my daughter Xmas before last with the BHAFC logo on it.

Carry cards and a few cash notes that are there more for 'just incase' as always use a card to pay.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes despite doing some things with phone, I don’t want a credit card. Have debit and cash and phone methods and all super easy plus slim/light wallet and a pocket at all times unless on a beach when have a bag.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I stuck with a wallet / cards for a long time, a few years ago tried switching to Apple Pay on phone and haven’t looked back. With Face ID payment process is mega easy / quick, and no £ limit on contactless payments (unless the company / retailer applies their own limit).

Eventually realised I didn’t need a wallet most of the time, the only times I can think I use one are-

-online purchases - require the physical card details which means a hunt for the wallet, unless I have already registered them or Apple Pay is available

-self pay petrol pumps- still require a physical card put in?

-my local shop- won’t take card below £5 so cash needed for milk / paper etc.

-my barber- has now reluctantly started taking cards but used to be cash only and I am kind of stuck in the habit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I stuck with a wallet / cards for a long time, a few years ago tried switching to Apple Pay on phone and haven’t looked back. With Face ID payment process is mega easy / quick, and no £ limit on contactless payments (unless the company / retailer applies their own limit).

Eventually realised I didn’t need a wallet most of the time, the only times I can think I use one are-

-online purchases - require the physical card details which means a hunt for the wallet, unless I have already registered them or Apple Pay is available

-self pay petrol pumps- still require a physical card put in?

-my local shop- won’t take card below £5 so cash needed for milk / paper etc.

-my barber- has now reluctantly started taking cards but used to be cash only and I am kind of stuck in the habit.

I think the barber, cocaine, the corner shop, brasses, Tory politicians, and hit men are the only things I regularly pay for in cash these days.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think the barber, cocaine, the corner shop, brasses, Tory politicians, and hit men are the only things I regularly pay for in cash these days.

:lolol:

I went to Iceland (the country, not the shop) recently and it's the first holiday I've been on where I didn't get any currency exchanged beforehand, and didn't need any while I was there. So much easier.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course I still carry a wallet. I won't go anywhere without at least £100 of green folding beer tokens in it and still use mostly cash in garages, shops, bars, restaurants etc.

Old habits :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here