Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Wagatha Christie: Rooney v Vardy

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Am I remembering right that he refused to appear as a witness to defend his wife? Amazing really. All she had to do was ignore the whole accusation or just say "whatevs" and it'd all have been forgotten quickly. Instead she's trashed her reputation, destroyed her career and lost loads of money.

She had a career? Doing what?

And I'm not sure that either had much of a reputation other than "dimwit wife of multi-millionaire footballer".

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
appalling waste of over stretched court resource and an obscene amount money all round, Vardey should be ashamed of herself. (though Peter Andre suing Vardey for libel would be a great follow up)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fantastic win for the lawyers of both sides!

Congratulations to them for persuading two dim-wits to part with so much money!

Harsh on Colleen. Aside from Colleen's ten GCSEs, Vardy brought the case to court. Utter stupidity. Vardy will have to foot Colleen's bill, now.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Harsh on Colleen. Aside from Colleen's ten GCSEs, Vardy brought the case to court. Utter stupidity. Vardy will have to foot Colleen's bill, now.

You know you can't assimilate educational qualifications with intelligence and common sense m'lord.

I adduce Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson who got a 2:1 from Balliol College Oxford.

And that is the case for the prosecution

:thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree, what exactly was Colleen supposed to do? Vardy is the stupid one for pursuing a case that she was always going to lose. Think there are a few on here jumping on the 'let's slag off the wags' bandwagon. There are some that deserve it but not sure you can tar them all with the same brush. Bit like saying footballers are all thick and then there are some with degrees.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You know you can't assimilate educational qualifications with intelligence and common sense m'lord.

I adduce Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson who got a 2:1 from Balliol College Oxford.

Equally you can't generalise either!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
ONE MILLION followers? Of a WAG of an ex-England/ ManUre footballer? Of someone who has never had to work a day in her life but swan about spending Wayne's millions on the latest crap? Her only talent being able to open her legs and chuck out brats and forgive Wayne's wandering dick.

Ok, so I've never ever looked at her social media and never will.

But the fact that over 1,000,000 do, shows everything wrong with societies priorities. IMO of course.

Wasn't she a carer for her severely disabled sister?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Right result for the libel game. Good 3 points, Old Bailey is always a difficult place to get a result.

On the bright side, at least Rebecca Vardy knows who Davy Jones is now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Imagine the atmosphere over the dinner table is bit frosty round the Vardy’s this evening

:facepalm: Rebekah

:shootself Jamie

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

With his money and contacts he probably submitted a soggy biscuit for his dissertation to get a 2:1

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes but Roony was 100% inthe right and Vardy 1000% in the wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One dim-wit. This trial was entirely vardy's doing.

And yet while you have 4 thumbs up, the post to which you reply has 12. Thick footballers, thick wives. Easy trope. And wrong in the case of Colleen. :shrug:

I am sure people will pop along soon to admit their mistake :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Actually you are grossly misrepresenting the substance of my comment, inappropriately. I expect better from you. ???

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Guessing you've done all of the above then!

Not at all. I've done a lot of volunteering for for a charity. But I'm not on here spouting on about me. You have yet to say what she's done apart from marrying a footballer.

Nice dodge of the question. So?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wasn't she a carer for her severely disabled sister?

I have no idea. That's why I asked what she's done that gets her one million followers (apart from being married to Wayne).

Well then there's a hell of a lot of carers around with a lot of followers then if that's what she's done.

It's a comment on the current society and what they consider of value (the photos/dinner/ latest car of a footballers wife)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The judge isn't the only judgey one on thIs thread.

We make a lot of assumptions about people we know nothing about.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here