Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Wagatha Christie: Rooney v Vardy

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not at all. I've done a lot of volunteering for for a charity. But I'm not on here spouting on about me. You have yet to say what she's done apart from marrying a footballer.

Nice dodge of the question. So?

There's plenty of info online about what she's done but you couldn't be bothered. You took the line that 'Her only talent being able to open her legs and chuck out brats and forgive Wayne's wandering dick'.

Charming way to talk about a woman I'm going to assume you've never met. The language you use is an embarrassment. Guessing you wouldn't be too happy if someone talked about your mother/sister/wife/daughter in that tone! But then it's just social media so it doesn't matter!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My favourite part about this whole saga has been reading the news reports but pretending it's Wayne and Jamie in the court-room arguing the toss over WhatsApp messages.

You're not really following this are you. Imagine you found that someone was selling stories about you to the Sun, and the nature of the stories indicated this was someone who is ostensibly a friend. Before you tell me that you don't have a blog, aren't well known, don't care, and don't have any friends anyway, these people live different sorts of lives to you and I.

So, being quite smart you cook up a plan to smoke out the story seller, by systematically limiting who could access certain bits of (false) information. Eventually you identify the only possible story seller, and reveal this via your social media.

Colleen did this, with one raised eyebrow, and moved on.

Instead of saying 'bang to rights, mea culpa' (and other responses typical of a plausible imitation of Johnson caught, yet again, with his pants down), you take Colleen to court.....FFS!

This is more like Jamie Vardy deliberately hacking Wayne Roony down in an attempt to injure him, Rooney on MOTD after being shown the footage, and mentioning that Vardy had said to him (a la Roy Keene) "Gotcha, you little fat scouse b'stard", and Rooney then reviewing the footage with big ears, where you can clearly lip read the expostulation, and the day after that Jamie Vardy takes Rooney to court for libel. You'd think Vardy was a bit mad, wouldn't you? You wouldn't think 'two wanker footballers' would you? You'd think 'one ****ing idiot, I hope they lose £2-3 million over this'. Shirley?

:wink:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're not really following this are you. Imagine you found that someone was selling stories about you to the Sun, and the nature of the stories indicated this was someone who is ostensibly a friend. Before you tell me that you don't have a blog, aren't well known, don't care, and don't have any friends anyway, these people live different sorts of lives to you and I.

So, being quite smart you cook up a plan to smoke out the story seller, by systematically limiting who could access certain bits of (false) information. Eventually you identify the only possible story seller, and reveal this via your social media.

Colleen did this, with one raised eyebrow, and moved on.

Instead of saying 'bang to rights, mea culpa' (and other responses typical of a plausible imitation of Johnson caught, yet again, with his pants down), you take Colleen to court.....FFS!

This is more like Jamie Vardy deliberately hacking Wayne Roony down in an attempt to injure him, Rooney on MOTD after being shown the footage, and mentioning that Vardy had said to him (a la Roy Keene) "Gotcha, you little fat scouse b'stard", and Rooney then reviewing the footage with big ears, where you can clearly lip read the expostulation, and the day after that Jamie Vardy takes Rooney to court for libel. You'd think Vardy was a bit mad, wouldn't you? You wouldn't think 'two wanker footballers' would you? You'd think 'one ****ing idiot, I hope they lose £2-3 million over this'. Shirley?

:wink:

The other thing is that you know someone you think you trust is leaking the info but you have no idea which of your friends or family is doing it. The fact she has identified Vardy means she can return to trusting her other friends and family. Remember the phone hacking scandal and how some of the victims found themselves not being able to trust people and in some cases believing certain people were leaking info when they weren't.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Are Man Utd now just blowing everything up for a laugh, like in the final season of Dynasty?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...news/man-utd-transfer-leicester-vardy-7468512

Scene: Old Trafford - Sunday night - Erik ten Hag walks away from a huge dressing room row where he has told Ronaldo to leave and never come back. He steps into the carpark for some air and out of the darkness, into the light of a lone lamppost steps a female figure:-

EtH - 'Rebekah? You came.'

RV - 'So, Maguire tells me you want my help.'

EtH - 'Jamie's 35. He's not going to get another chance of a big contract.'

RV - 'And you think that he can score the goals that will turn things around?'

EtH - 'Oh no. If an aged rat-faced goalscorer was needed, we already have the best in the word.'

RV - 'Then why?'

EtH - 'Because if he comes and you come, I'm safe from them sacking me and getting in Rooney.'

RV - 'So, the plan helps you, it helps Jamie, but what's in it for me?'

EtH - 'You're not stupid Rebekha. Do you know what the Sun would pay for an inside track on this barrel-load of Fruit Loops we call a dressing room? Enough for a submarine expedition in the North Sea. Find the phone and you can clear your name.'

RV - 'Erm, well, yeah, of course I want to do that... Top priority... No doubt about that. Recover the phone. Absolutely..'

EtH - 'Or you could just spend it on clothes, shoes, bags and a voodoo doll of Colleen Rooney.'

RV - 'Yes... That's probably best.... Lets get that sorted first, but once that's done, we'll definitely get on to recovering the phone that absolutely proves my innocence.'

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The only reason he could consider going to Man Utd would be to fill the hole in his finances the wifes legal proceedings have made.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The only reason he could consider going to Man Utd would be to fill the hole in his finances the wifes legal proceedings have made.

Around £3m+ in legal fees...https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/04/rebekah-vardy-to-pay-15m-in-legal-fees-after-losing-wagatha-christie-libel-trial?utm_term=633d219b7a06e57bf94088fcb7574379&utm_campaign=FirstEdition&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=firstedition_email

Rebekah Vardy will have to pay up to £1.5m to Coleen Rooney in legal fees...The high court on Tuesday decided that Vardy must pay 90% of Rooney’s court costs, a larger proportion than in many equivalent cases. The judge imposed the punitive charge partly because Vardy deliberately destroyed WhatsApp messages and other evidence relevant to the trial.......On top of this, Vardy will have to pay her own legal costs, which could bring her combined bill to well over £3m.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Around £3m+ in legal fees...https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/04/rebekah-vardy-to-pay-15m-in-legal-fees-after-losing-wagatha-christie-libel-trial?utm_term=633d219b7a06e57bf94088fcb7574379&utm_campaign=FirstEdition&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=firstedition_email

Rebekah Vardy will have to pay up to £1.5m to Coleen Rooney in legal fees...The high court on Tuesday decided that Vardy must pay 90% of Rooney’s court costs, a larger proportion than in many equivalent cases. The judge imposed the punitive charge partly because Vardy deliberately destroyed WhatsApp messages and other evidence relevant to the trial.......On top of this, Vardy will have to pay her own legal costs, which could bring her combined bill to well over £3m.

Reputations destroyed, wallets emptied, waste of time for the law court and for exactly what?

Moronic behaviour all round

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Reputations destroyed, wallets emptied, waste of time for the law court and for exactly what?

Moronic behaviour all round

so that the lawyers can make shed loads of money.... i bet none of them said don't do this its going to cost you a couple of million....

or maybe she sees it as an investment to gain notoriety and more demand from the inane social media and tv platforms...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
so that the lawyers can make shed loads of money.... i bet none of them said don't do this its going to cost you a couple of million....

or maybe she sees it as an investment to gain notoriety and more demand from the inane social media and tv platforms...

I believe the judge warned pre-trial to think about whether it was a good idea to pursue the case and to think about reaching an out of court settlement but dumb and dumber knew best!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I believe the judge warned pre-trial to think about whether it was a good idea to pursue the case and to think about reaching an out of court settlement but dumb and dumber knew best!

It was Vardy that took Rooney to court !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was Vardy that took Rooney to court !

Christ. Are we having to explain this yet again to people who see 'WAG' and jump to the conclusion that 'they are all as bad as each other'?

And people wonder how we managed to end up with another ****ing tory government :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here