Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Wacky Races or Scooby Doo

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fascinating fact: The voice of Dick Darstardly in Wacky Races was done by a man called Paul Winchell. As well as being a voice actor and ventriloquist he was also an inventor. Among his patented inventions were a disposable razor, a blood plasma defroster, a flameless cigarette lighter, a fountain pen with a retractable tip, and battery-heated gloves. And his most spectacular one: an artificial heart.

So for that reason alone: WR for me.

EDIT: Check out his Wikipedia page. He was a remarkable man. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Winchell

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wacky Races all day long.

I watched the 60s film made based on wacky races - "Monte Carlo or Bust" on TV a while back, some proper nostalgia there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Too tough to call.

Without Scrappy, I’d have to go with Scooby Doo….., but both absolute favourites

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wacky Races for me.

It would be rubbish if they made it now. The same driver would win every episode and Dick Dastardly would keep getting 10 second penalities.

I always found Scooby Doo a bit pants. Although I think I only saw the ones with Scrappy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wacky Races is cool, but I liked Scooby more.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
There comes a point in everyone’s life where you have an almost out of body experience. You see the whole room, the bigger picture, is like a wake up call really. I thought @Easy 10 choosing Quavers over Roysters the other week was bad, but you lot really need to get a grip and look yourselves in the mirror. Wacky Races better than Scooby Do, what sickness is this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Scooby Doo would have won this poll if it wasn't for all you meddling kids.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Scooby Doo had far better stories.
Naa, it was the same every week! The gang would turn up somewhere, meet the caretaker or whatever who would tell them that a ghost was trying to scare everyone away, they'd chase the 'ghost' capture them, pull of their mask, and it would be the caretaker who wanted to scare everyone away so he could have the place for himself, and would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those pesky kids. Wacky Races on the other hand had a race and .... um ..... Yeah, take your point.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
When watching Wacky Races, I always used to think: "Dick Dastardly, if you simply continued driving, rather than stopping to put in place some fiendish, but flawed, cheating plan to scupper the other drivers, you'd win anyway."!

Maybe I overthought it, even as a child :)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I still cant decide. Maybe Scooby Doo...no, Wacky Races...no, Scoo....AAAARGGHHHHH!!!!

Scooby Doo Party GIF by MOODMAN

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I had a bit of a thing for Velma so married the spitting image of her to cure myself of any weirdness that the infatuation may manifest itself again in latter life. Maybe I'll explain it to the missus someday as to why I'm always watching Scooby Doo when she's asleep but not yet :geek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here