Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W****r on the Oldham Bench

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm prepared to be fixtured as I can't believe there hasn't been much on this already but anyway...

What the hell was that absolute twat on the Oldham bench doing today? Couldn't believe the way he walked round behind the dug out and clenched his fist at us after first goal, but then to continue making gestures and doing his best to rile up the home support for the whole second half was unbelievable.

I'm not usually one to over react to these kind of things, if he does it once to get a reaction then fine, but the level of maliciousness in the repeated attacks on the home support was remarkable. I honestly have never seen such an unsporting performance from a professional in the game.

Most frustrating was that there didn't appear to be any reason for him to start acting like a **** - as far as I was aware it's not like he was getting loads of abuse before hand, but he clearly had quite an agenda as soon as they'd scored.

Was also dissapointed with stewarding. I, and many others, complained at the end of the game and to be fair they made the point that they couldn't do much but they had been informing the fourth official (why didn't the useless twat keep a better eye on it?), but when it gets to the level it was I think they should have just gone and sat someone on their bench!

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I'm prepared to be fixtured as I can't believe there hasn't been much on this already but anyway...

What the hell was that absolute twat on the Oldham bench doing today? Couldn't believe the way he walked round behind the dug out and clenched his fist at us after first goal, but then to continue making gestures and doing his best to rile up the home support for the whole second half was unbelievable.

I'm not usually one to over react to these kind of things, if he does it once to get a reaction then fine, but the level of maliciousness in the repeated attacks on the home support was remarkable. I honestly have never seen such an unsporting performance from a professional in the game.

Most frustrating was that there didn't appear to be any reason for him to start acting like a **** - as far as I was aware it's not like he was getting loads of abuse before hand, but he clearly had quite an agenda as soon as they'd scored.

Was also dissapointed with stewarding. I, and many others, complained at the end of the game and to be fair they made the point that they couldn't do much but they had been informing the fourth official (why didn't the useless twat keep a better eye on it?), but when it gets to the level it was I think they should have just gone and sat someone on their bench!

Was there at the end giving him a bit of abuse , stewards did nothing and the fourth official was f***ing shocking , should be reported and he should of been sent to the stands

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You don't need to *** swear words on NSC....

I haven't in the body of my post but in subject I think it is probably more appropriate.

Also - I usuall chuckle at that kind of thing if it happens once - as clearly the opposition bench do it to get a little reaction, but the continual gestures and also the manner of the guy doing it turned it from a bit of banter into something altogether more inappropriate.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also - I usuall chuckle at that kind of thing if it happens once - as clearly the opposition bench do it to get a little reaction, but the continual gestures and also the manner of the guy doing it turned it from a bit of banter into something altogether more inappropriate.

I just find the venom people have towards someone doing that is a) so out of proportion, and b) often hypocritical. We'd've given them quite a lot of stick if we were winning. I presume. Been a long time since we've been in that position I think I've forgotten what it's like... But it just seems that sort of thing is ok if it's hundreds/thousands of people yelling at one person, but if one person does it to the crowd, suddenly it's the biggest crime ever, the hatred and angered aimed at him is remarkable.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I just took it as banter. A bit irresponsible yes but banter nevertheless.

It was hardly a high profile game like us v Palarse in which it would have been totally inappropriate and possibly started a riot..

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Did that prick on the Oldham bench make any kind of homophobic gestures to our fans other than blowing kisses at us (which was all I saw)?

Nice of the guy to do his bit during this "Kick It Out" fortnight. Wanker.

Mar 13, 2008
Was a complete cock. Him and the physio thought they were well funny. We started chanting wanker at them after the game and the physio said 'yeah I am mate' and then had a right chuckle. Both horrible little shits if you ask me and, becuase we aren't premiership and so mean f*** all, the FA will do just that, sweet FA.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Some of us are a bit precious. All part of the game surely. We dish it out, they dish it out. Amazed at how angry some of our lot appeared to be. Rushing down to the track, shouting at a female steward , demanding this and that. The Oldham guy was winding you up and succeeded. Great to watch. Better than the football.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
Whats wrong with having a bit of banter with the fans. Report him to the Fa!! Leave it out.

Im all for the interaction whoever it comes from.

I guess the same people that want him banned or reported would never try and taunt other teams away from home.

FFs take a look at yourself and stop being a twat.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Whats wrong with having a bit of banter with the fans. Report him to the Fa!! Leave it out.

Im all for the interaction whoever it comes from.

I guess the same people that want him banned or reported would never try and taunt other teams away from home.

FFs take a look at yourself and stop being a twat.

Wasn't banter though was it. The bloke was a dick, people shouldn't have risen to it and reacted as he then got what he wanted. Would have loved it if he had been sent off/to the stand which the forth official clearly should have done.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Northern humour is hard to understand at times , just forget about it.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Wasn't banter though was it. The bloke was a dick, people shouldn't have risen to it and reacted as he then got what he wanted. Would have loved it if he had been sent off/to the stand which the forth official clearly should have done.

Remember a certain Mr Mullery and what he did at Smellhurst? We thought that was great - don't think it was "banter" either..

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
The fourth official is the most useless idea ive ever seen. unless they actually start applying the rules of the game like keeping the managers in their little boxes then they are pointless. the stewards were too busy watching us to see their assistant swearing at us and the fourth official seemed too ashamed or shy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here