Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virtual racing

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I know it makes no logical sense to put a few pence on this form of betting but for some very strange reason I have more success on it that trusting on my awful reading of form in the real world of horse racing. Today i decided to use up what little i had sitting on my william hill account £3. placed a a 20p e-w patent at Hilltop Gardnes and they all came in. 9/2. 11/2. 11/1. paid £160 and have put it back in account for a rainy day! But off course i will keep a score in account for a few more fun bets on a form of racing that needs no thinking and clearly suits me!!!

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I know it makes no logical sense to put a few pence on this form of betting but for some very strange reason I have more success on it that trusting on my awful reading of form in the real world of horse racing. Today i decided to use up what little i had sitting on my william hill account £3. placed a a 20p e-w patent at Hilltop Gardnes and they all came in. 9/2. 11/2. 11/1. paid £160 and have put it back in account for a rainy day! But off course i will keep a score in account for a few more fun bets on a form of racing that needs no thinking and clearly suits me!!!

Very brave man, but fair play too you. Nice little win that!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Indeed, it's just your lucky day.

It's a game, essentially like one of the fruit machines, with a built-in margin in the bookmaker's favour. Keep doing that bet day after day and, unless you die first, you will eventually end up with a loss.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

It's a game, essentially like one of the fruit machines, with a built-in margin in the bookmaker's favour. Keep doing that bet day after day and, unless you die first, you will eventually end up with a loss.

absolutely Mtoto. sometimes it just happens that way. have happily withdrawn the winnings and its covered the blu ray player i ordered as a xmas pressie to self!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

Have just put ten bob each way on a virtual gee gee named! mtoto!!!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009

Mtoto, you're spot on.

The only thing a bookie offers odds on that's more in favour of the house long-term is greyhound racing. But at least with the dogs, there's always form, fitness, preferred trap draw and other information which can improve your chances of winning.

In saying that, many congratulations highway61, hope the hot winning streak continues.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Mtoto, you're spot on.

The only thing a bookie offers odds on that's more in favour of the house long-term is greyhound racing. But at least with the dogs, there's always form, fitness, preferred trap draw and other information which can improve your chances of winning.

In saying that, many congratulations highway61, hope the hot winning streak continues.

Thanks mate. I declared an hour ago, ended up paying for the blu-ray and hopefully a receiver. darned if i was going to give it all back to willy hills!!!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

is that right? if say, i was watching virtual racing on one computer and somebody else was watching it on another, would the results be different?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Timbo, no.

Best tip is just do silly bets on virtual for a giggle while doing the form on real racing for 50p or so. I usually back the 20/1 shot e/w in big fields as it a regular forcast spoiler.

Oh and NEVER play roullette machines.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Timbo, no.

Best tip is just do silly bets on virtual for a giggle while doing the form on real racing for 50p or so. I usually back the 20/1 shot e/w in big fields as it a regular forcast spoiler.

same as that. £1 ew on 16/1's the bigger fields, always look around 8's on the smaller fields! its all good fun.

with regard to results not being individual, thats what i thought. surely then its not like a fruit machine where if you put in £100 its always going to return roughly the same. its down to luck rather than a set pay out return.

tried the roullette on b365 once, never again!:lolol:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Timbo, no.

thats generally the way i do then Looney. something like sprint valley i will do a mix of 20's and 9's in a lucky 31. and totally ignore favourites. all sheer luck but fun

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Virtual racing results are drawn like a lottery, numbers go into the machine and they draw out 3 (or 4) numbers to decide the placings and in which order. People have "systems" of backing certain names and things like that, or a specific number, but it is all completely random, the races are drawn months in advance. :thumbsup:

Also, if you want talk about lucky winnings, a chap this morning placed a Union Track Triple and an each way accumulator, 9 selections. He had 7 winners and the other two both placed so he picked up £743. Rock and roll.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
They are definitely not drawn months in advance - that would leave open the possibility that someone in the office would find out the results before the off. My understanding is that the result is generated by an algorithm linked to the odds at the instant the "race" gets underway.

The margin is actually fairly small, as it is with the machines - bookmaking when it's done well is a classic high turnover, low margin business. The problem is that it's a margin you can't beat, unlike betting on a proper sporting event when it's your opinion against the market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here