Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
About time there was some mention of us getting a new CB in. I don't rate El Abd in the slightest, unsure when Dunk will play again (although I have no doubt the boy has potential), and Greer is getting on a bit. All three are no good against the better strikers we have faced over the last few seasons.

It has been mentioned a couple of times... but i think they got away with it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

No. LB is not better than a top ten PL club.

Agree a team like Everton not the "big" clubs would be a great move for Liam, not that I want him to go anywhere but Everton do seem to nurture younger talent in the right way.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Agree a team like Everton not the "big" clubs would be a great move for Liam, not that I want him to go anywhere but Everton do seem to nurture younger talent in the right way.

Agree with this too! (What is going on?) Everton are a really good club & try doing things the right way. They have developed into my favourite PL club for conducting themselves in the manner they do & Moyes is a great manager too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Van Dijk - why a central defender, instead of a bulldozing CM, for Everton?
If Everton were truly interested, they'd snap up Van Dijk easily due to PL resources.

I hope TB and Gus get something sorted. Being left with one true central defender, is poor.

And isn't ElAbd off to play a game for Egypt soon? Hope it's not the day we play Hull or Blackburn.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Agree with this too! (What is going on?) Everton are a really good club & try doing things the right way. They have developed into my favourite PL club for conducting themselves in the manner they do & Moyes is a great manager too.

Bridcutt in the Everton team may not look as effective than in a team more suited to having the ball. I think he would look better in the prem playing for us than playing for Everton. No we are not bigger than Everton but Everton aren't exactly attractive to watch or a team who keeps hold of is talent. Wayne Rooney and Rodwell didn't exactly last long there. Check up Jose Baxter of Oldham, touted as the next Everton star, I don't think he would advise Liam To move to Everton.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
About time there was some mention of us getting a new CB in. I don't rate El Abd in the slightest, unsure when Dunk will play again (although I have no doubt the boy has potential), and Greer is getting on a bit. All three are no good against the better strikers we have faced over the last few seasons.
But don't we have one of the best defences in the Championship - oh, hang on, you've only made two posts - fell for that one!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Bridcutt in the Everton team may not look as effective than in a team more suited to having the ball. I think he would look better in the prem playing for us than playing for Everton. No we are not bigger than Everton but Everton aren't exactly attractive to watch or a team who keeps hold of is talent. Wayne Rooney and Rodwell didn't exactly last long there. Check up Jose Baxter of Oldham, touted as the next Everton star, I don't think he would advise Liam To move to Everton.

Agree with most of this but I happen to know Baxter's demise was more to do with his attitude than anything else.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
VVD deal definitely off in the transfer window. Player resigned to staying at Gronigen for the rest of the season.

Partly based on the short time available for fresh bid, medical and for Gronigen to sign a replacement in time.

http://www.fcgonline.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2036:virgil-van-dijk-brighton&catid=35:eerste-elftal&Itemid=28

Still time for all that. The medical can be after the window, the loan window is probably longer too for them (may have made that bit up).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Still time for all that. The medical can be after the window, the loan window is probably longer too for them (may have made that bit up).

Club doctors usually like 4 hours for a medical but can do a basic one in 2 hours I believe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Don't think they have a loan window. This is a Football League loophole that UEFA are closing in 1 year anyway.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here