Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Might be worth offering Athletic Bilbao a few quid for Amorebieta as he has refused a new deal and is on a free in the summer. Get Spanish Dave on the blower imo.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be fair I'm quite relaxed about this. Afterall we are talking about £2m plus for a dutch 21 year old who has never played in England before. Its a big gamble. He may be good, but I suspect it will take time for him to settle in England. So even if we nab him, it might be awhile before we have a rock solid defence. I dont think this lad will make or break our season....its asking a lot of a very young lad.

I wouldnt want us going over the odds. we have our valuation and if we cant get him for that, then lets get a very good PL defender in on loan. Then either try and resurrect the deal in the Summer or look elsewhere.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The ball is entirely within Gronigen's court, we're the ones that are desperate for this to happen. They just have to say no and sit back for bids in the Summer. I am currently giving this one a 1/10 chance of happening on the transfer scale.

I fear you are right. Unless they have creditors banging at their doors why sell now?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
To be fair I'm quite relaxed about this. Afterall we are talking about £2m plus for a dutch 21 year old who has never played in England before. Its a big gamble. He may be good, but I suspect it will take time for him to settle in England. So even if we nab him, it might be awhile before we have a rock solid defence. I dont think this lad will make or break our season....its asking a lot of a very young lad.

I wouldnt want us going over the odds. we have our valuation and if we cant get him for that, then lets get a very good PL defender in on loan. Then either try and resurrect the deal in the Summer or look elsewhere.

Very much this.......i hope we get him because he looks a real prospect from his video's but short term i reckon a season loan from someone who has a lot of experience. The young dutchman would be under so much pressure to suceed with that 2 million plus price tag. However if he's good enough.........

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
You are lucky, i have been watching this thread for days...

So I have. The only consolation is that it has distracted me from actually working which is a depressingly what I may have to return to now that this rumour appears to be coming to a disappointing end.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just be grateful we have not had to endure side splitting Van Dijk "signs" threads, sightings on the seafront and cameras arriving for a big press conference - although there is still time for all of these tomorrow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Oh well. Not to be. They keep their player, but have no cash to strengthen the team. Time to move on.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Would you be saying that if Bridcutt announced tomorrow he wanted to go to (say) Norwich, out of interest?

You know, as much as I love Liam and appreciate how crucial he is to the team, I think I would.

I really don't like seeing players forced to stay when there is good money on the table and real determination from that player to leave - especially if it's a case of that player being offered the chance to test themselves at a higher level.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Just be grateful we have not had to endure side splitting Van Dijk "signs" threads, sightings on the seafront and cameras arriving for a big press conference - although there is still time for all of these tomorrow.

4208718901_a753998343_b.jpg

:jester:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Poyet can't get us promoted with the money he's had then what Premier League clubs does he think would want him. His success is linked with our success and he should be concentrating on the job at hand rather than bleating on about leaving every week.
'Gaff. Gaff. Gaffer!'
<blank look from Poyet>
'You need to pick a team gaff, and a captain.'
'You pick it, I'm concentrate on my next job - in Premier League. Sixty tousand fans cheering my name, like the old day'

Either that, or making the odd comment that he's going to get to the top doesn't actually distract his day to day job.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Having never heard of the guy until this thread and having never properly seen him play, I can honestly say at this stage I'm most disappointed that we won't have a player with a name like Virgil van Dijk at our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here