Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I am genuinely guessing.

It just strikes me that we've changed gear somewhat in the players we are now looking to get in. Poyet clearly wants this chap badly, and I can't see a few hundred thousand pounds being a barrier to that happening.

My exact thinking also. Watch this space...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
i have this sneaky feeling CMS could go before the window closes.

I do too.

He looked somewhat wistful as he wandered round (on his own) after the final whistle on Saturday, clapping each side of home support... To me, it looked like he was waving goodbye, but maybe he was just a bit sad to have been knocked out of the cup...

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I do too.

He looked somewhat wistful as he wandered round (on his own) after the final whistle on Saturday, clapping each side of home support... To me, it looked like he was waving goodbye, but maybe he was just a bit sad to have been knocked out of the cup...

He goes round and claps the supporters every match.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
presumably thats why he said get one in on loan as well

Yeah, I read what he said. We have come a long way in a very short space of and as you know, I am firmly in the where we are now camp, not look where we have come from. But I don't think we are quite in the position yet, to be buying players for £2.5 million and loaning them back until the end of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No way a wave goodbye, if he knew he was going he'd have gone by now. We don't need to sell, and we'd be daft to sell unless a big enough bid comes in, and we haven't heard of one.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
A big Dutch football website has tweeted this- "FC Groningen gaat deze transferperiode alleen nog iemand kopen als verdediger Virgil van Dijk vertrekt. #voetbalpings"

Doesn't translate very well but i think it means something along the lines of 'FC Groningen can't afford to buy anyone unless Virgil van Dijk leaves.'

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He goes round and claps the supporters every match.

It was the looking wistful rather than the fact that he was clapping the crowd that made me think it. Like I said, he may just have been sad we lost (rightfully so), but I just have a feeling in my bones he's going.
I hope I'm wrong BTW as I rate him highly.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
A big Dutch football website has tweeted this- "FC Groningen gaat deze transferperiode alleen nog iemand kopen als verdediger Virgil van Dijk vertrekt. #voetbalpings"

Doesn't translate very well but i think it means something along the lines of 'FC Groningen can't afford to buy anyone unless Virgil van Dijk leaves.'

FC Groningen are trying to bluff a cold blooded Lizard

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No way a wave goodbye, if he knew he was going he'd have gone by now. We don't need to sell, and we'd be daft to sell unless a big enough bid comes in, and we haven't heard of one.

I think Becchio wil go on the last day and Leeds will go for CMS. Its will happen real quick if it does happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Becchio wil go on the last day and Leeds will go for CMS. Its will happen real quick if it does happen.
I don't doubt the possibility, I just don't think he waved goodbye.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

And Zamora will come to us on half season loan..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here