Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He'll leave this window to us. They wouldn't be using the news if they weren't interested.

2.5m
and he will be playing on Saturday

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

I thought we had a second bid around 2.6 turned down?

According to the dutch on twatter the 1st was €2m (€1.75m) and the 2nd was €2.4m (£2.1m)...essentially according to his agent, €3m/£2.5m + addons is the magic number.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He'll leave this window to us. They wouldn't be using the news if they weren't interested.
There have times that it's looked less likely, but the current speculation of them wanting €3m would suggest there's a good chance it will.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Depends on their financial needs and necessities and whether they want to strengthen their team during the window, which i presume they do.

Bit late for them to strengthen if they leave this till the last minute. I've seen conflicting reports regarding their finances. Some say they are fine others they are skint and need money. :shrug:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Signs for £2.95 Million starts on Saturday plays brilliant in first half :)

The does his hamstring :(

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bit late for them to strengthen if they leave this till the last minute. I've seen conflicting reports regarding their finances. Some say they are fine others they are skint and need money. :shrug:

The fact that it's still rumbling on would indicated to me they may need the money.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

On the other hand his Subbuteo figure looks very lightweight.

Agreed he is only able to move sideways on table football and can't go forward or back at all. Plus he is really ineffective when hanging upside down.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Signs for £2.95 Million starts on Saturday plays brilliant in first half :)

The does his hamstring :(

You can see it now can't you. I'll be listening to the game on radio (damned work commitments) and I'll hear this "there's been a clattering in the box, looks like Van Dijk and Ulloa have collided. This doesn't look good"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The pound has nosedived against the Euro recently, not long ago it climbed back up to 1.27 and now it's back down to 1.71.

My maths is quite shit but I reckon that the difference on 3,000,000 Euros when you convert it into Sterling is about £221800 extra now compared to a few months ago.

I wonder if TB was wise enough to forward buy Euros a few months ago???

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
On the basis Van Dijk's agent is bigging it up and admitted his client has been looking into BHA andf the stadium and excited at the prospect I think this move seems very likely to me. Leave it to the Lizard to clinch the deal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is classic 'transfer window' stuff and is exactly why every team leaves it til the final day. No club wants the other club to know they've got money from a sale. With our resources and 2 years losses of £8mill p.a. I'd be getting VVD in and shipping out CMS to finance it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
On the basis Van Dijk's agent is bigging it up and admitted his client has been looking into BHA and the stadium and excited at the prospect I think this move seems very likely to me. Leave it to the Lizard to clinch the deal.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
The pound has nosedived against the Euro recently, not long ago it climbed back up to 1.27 and now it's back down to 1.71.

My maths is quite shit but I reckon that the difference on 3,000,000 Euros when you convert it into Sterling is about £221800 extra now compared to a few months ago.

I wonder if TB was wise enough to forward buy Euros a few months ago???

1.17?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here