Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I didn't but obviously somebody did and they may not be aware that he has gone to Turkey, which is good for us as I wouldn't have wanted him at our club.

How many more times are you going to make a post with "says on a rumour site" in it? You're opening yourself up for stick EVERY time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should we fail to sign Virgil, is the loan window still open after 31 Jan to enable us to still get a CB in?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loan window opens 7 days after 31st Jan until late March for short term loans (up to 93 days)

Thanks, so at worst we can go to the last minute trying to get Virgil if nobody else comes in for him and then only have to wait 7 days to replace Greer whilst he's out should we fail to negotiate a deal for Virgil.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Bit more encouraging this morning I think. Argus has direct quotes from his agent saying "All I know is Virgil is very enthusiastic about Brighton. He has been looking into the club. I am also enthusiastic about the way the management are doing things and the people at the club". Then goes on to say that is now down to the clubs.

Definitely a positive, having the player keen to come (If actually true) is half the battle won.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks, so at worst we can go to the last minute trying to get Virgil if nobody else comes in for him and then only have to wait 7 days to replace Greer whilst he's out should we fail to negotiate a deal for Virgil.

Who plays at Centre Back on Saturday though?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bit more encouraging this morning I think. Argus has direct quotes from his agent saying "All I know is Virgil is very enthusiastic about Brighton. He has been looking into the club. I am also enthusiastic about the way the management are doing things and the people at the club". Then goes on to say that is now down to the clubs.

Definitely a positive, having the player keen to come (If actually true) is half the battle won.

Thanks. Sounds encouraging.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Bet he watched the Arsenal game and thought " the Albion, I fanshy a bit of zat".

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Bet he watched the Arsenal game and thought " the Albion, I fanshy a bit of zat".

You're right. It's been thirty years since we were able to attract players of real quality. And what we have now in the setup from the Amex down is so much better than we had then.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Well even if we sign him today I very much doubt he will play Saturday .... Will have to wait for the dreaded 'international clearance' again

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well even if we sign him today I very much doubt he will play Saturday .... Will have to wait for the dreaded 'international clearance' again

Wont have the same issues as the Ulloa deal. Would be staright forward as he is already EU.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will still need international clearance from the Dutch FA but not a work permit. You need clearance from any association outside of the FA even if we bought a player from Barry Town, Celtic or Shamrock Rovers but not Cardiff or Swansea as they are affiliated to our FA. The home countries usualy do this within minutes as in the case of straight forward European transfers but clearance still has to be obtained.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

The quote in the argus isn't any different from what was being said last week, the player would gladly come here but clearly it's not going to happen if we can't meet his clubs demands.

Also could we be accuse of 'tapping up'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here