Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was tongue in cheek. But please don't tell me you don't think Carragher would do a good job in this league.

I don't think Carragher would do a good job in this league.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Fair enough. I think your wrong, with player like him the first five yards is in his head. He would breeze this division. Just out of interest, how do you think Tanno done last season when he played for us???

Tanno is a real pleasure to watch. He reminds me of a kind of defensive Frank Worthington.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
People, the Queen of the Netherlands has just announced she's abdicating in favour of Crown Prince Ronald, or Ruud, or Johan, or something like that.

How can you expect Virgil to be thinking of the Albion at a time like this?

Suspect Charlie boy will be surreptitiously dropping a copy of the headline on the coffee table at Buck House!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Suspect Charlie boy will be surreptitiously dropping a copy of the headline on the coffee table at Buck House!!!!

It's a different constitution here as abdication would be for the Queen and her line. It would revert to the late Princess Margaret's offspring, ie Lord Linley.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Fair enough. I think your wrong, with player like him the first five yards is in his head. He would breeze this division. Just out of interest, how do you think Tanno done last season when he played for us???

I tend to agree that a decent Prem CB ought to have the experience, judgement and timing to overcome their lack of pace. Could be a good time to bring in another wise head. However even the likes of Rio Ferdinand have had a few nightmares, especially against pace.

Unfortunately the sort of CB we could afford (not just the transfer fee but also their expectations re. wages) might not even be in Carragher's class or be a significant improvement over what we have already. Players like Upson who warms the bench at Stoke might be available but thats mainly because they aren't that good these days. There are some decent strikers in the Championship who would fancy their chances. I think on balance I would rather we go for a promising youngster like VDV who we can develop but already has decent attributes like his aerial ability and pace, both of which we lack at CB.

However with VDV's name now being so widely publicised I fear we will get gazumped or back out if his price becomes unrealistic.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
People, the Queen of the Netherlands has just announced she's abdicating in favour of Crown Prince Ronald, or Ruud, or Johan, or something like that.

How can you expect Virgil to be thinking of the Albion at a time like this?

We have queens

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
:lolol::lolol:

http://www.fcgonline.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2030:virgil-van-dijk-brighton&catid=38:geruchten&Itemid=62

Brighton is intensified work on contract central defender-is bid on Virgil van Dijk increased?

We write Monday morning 28 January 2013. After today can still be acted for three days on the football market, and are undoubtedly exciting months for FC Groningen. Brighton-Captain Gordon Greer is there the next three weeks out with a hamstring injury that the Scottish Defender last week in the FA Cup game against Arsenal.

However, even before he became injured Brighton & Hove Albion undertook efforts to attract a central defender. These efforts will be intensified in the next few days, so writes The Argus.

Brighton-trainer Gus Poyet method, yesterday attended the contest NEC v Groningen, says that he may speak of happiness if there before 1 February as a new CV can be contracted. He says that there is still contact is with regard to Virgil van Dijk, but that a renewed attempt to Virgil to contract depends on many things. "We'll see, we are still in contact but it depends on so many things. You never know, "he says, the back of his tongue not showing.

In comment: Virgil's ambiguous (and direction supporters somewhat misplaced) tweet 'direction Amsterdam' undoubtedly has nothing to do with Brighton, Ajax or any other club whatsoever. His girlfriend lives there; he travels weekly on that side has a training-free day tomorrow. FC Groningen; the coastdown training today is already on. Hence. Sigh.

UPDATE Monday 28 January 2013: FC Groningen also stores second bid of Brighton off

Read more at the bottom of the article about the second bid that Brighton has been released! We cannot imagine that this bid remains. The negotiations are undoubtedly erupted.Including Sky Sports that the second bid of Brighton on message Virgil van Dijk £ 2.1 million (€ 2.45 million). According to previous news coverage of TEAM talk amounted to the first bid barely less: £ 2 million (€ 2.4 million). Perhaps the first bid is lower. Robert maaskant explained this last Friday during the press chat en., said he is not the exact height of the first bid.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just to clarify, it was tongue in cheek about Carragher. He is never going to come here in a million years. But I can't believe how anyone would not think he would be perfect for us, in our current situation. Would tick every box until the end of the season. I would be over the moon if we can get Van Dijk, but otherwise in our current position in the league and the amount of games left, give me experience over youth every time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:lolol::lolol:

http://www.fcgonline.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2030:virgil-van-dijk-brighton&catid=38:geruchten&Itemid=62

Brighton is intensified work on contract central defender-is bid on Virgil van Dijk increased?

We write Monday morning 28 January 2013. After today can still be acted for three days on the football market, and are undoubtedly exciting months for FC Groningen. Brighton-Captain Gordon Greer is there the next three weeks out with a hamstring injury that the Scottish Defender last week in the FA Cup game against Arsenal.

However, even before he became injured Brighton & Hove Albion undertook efforts to attract a central defender. These efforts will be intensified in the next few days, so writes The Argus.

Brighton-trainer Gus Poyet method, yesterday attended the contest NEC v Groningen, says that he may speak of happiness if there before 1 February as a new CV can be contracted. He says that there is still contact is with regard to Virgil van Dijk, but that a renewed attempt to Virgil to contract depends on many things. "We'll see, we are still in contact but it depends on so many things. You never know, "he says, the back of his tongue not showing.

In comment: Virgil's ambiguous (and direction supporters somewhat misplaced) tweet 'direction Amsterdam' undoubtedly has nothing to do with Brighton, Ajax or any other club whatsoever. His girlfriend lives there; he travels weekly on that side has a training-free day tomorrow. FC Groningen; the coastdown training today is already on. Hence. Sigh.

UPDATE Monday 28 January 2013: FC Groningen also stores second bid of Brighton off

Read more at the bottom of the article about the second bid that Brighton has been released! We cannot imagine that this bid remains. The negotiations are undoubtedly erupted.Including Sky Sports that the second bid of Brighton on message Virgil van Dijk £ 2.1 million (€ 2.45 million). According to previous news coverage of TEAM talk amounted to the first bid barely less: £ 2 million (€ 2.4 million). Perhaps the first bid is lower. Robert maaskant explained this last Friday during the press chat en., said he is not the exact height of the first bid.

In future all transfer chat should be in a foreign language and then translated even if its an english player...its much more fun reading tht lot than just a statement released in english

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a different constitution here as abdication would be for the Queen and her line. It would revert to the late Princess Margaret's offspring, ie Lord Linley.

First I have ever heard of that. It follows the line of succession which is currently Chas, unless you can of course provide a link suggesting otherwise, which I suspect you can't.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So we upped our bid by 100 grand? Hardly twisting their arm are we.

Can only presume we were under the impression Groningon regreted turning our fisrt bid down when no Prem clubs came in like they thought.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
In future all transfer chat should be in a foreign language and then translated even if its an english player...its much more fun reading tht lot than just a statement released in english

'Brighton-trainer Gus Poyet method, yesterday attended the contest NEC v Groningen, says that he may speak of happiness if there before 1 February as a new CV can be contracted. '

Double Dutch to me!

Nailed on £3m bid will be accepted tomorrow.

TNBA

TTF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
First I have ever heard of that. It follows the line of succession which is currently Chas, unless you can of course provide a link suggesting otherwise, which I suspect you can't.

When Edward abdicated, he abdicated for his line, which was in the constitution as he didn't actually have any children, but it was in the act of abdication.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So we upped our bid by 100 grand? Hardly twisting their arm are we.

Can only presume we were under the impression Groningon regreted turning our fisrt bid down when no Prem clubs came in like they thought.

Why pay more than you have to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here