Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Players who were/are pony in the Premier League will almost always be decent in the Championship. Ferdinand has a lot of Premier League experience with a raft of teams, he's a total journeyman but for a loan for the rest of the season he could have been shrewd business. I seriously doubted Wayne Bridge when we signed him but by Christ, was I wrong!

Bridges ability was never in question just his head Anton on the other hand is a liability

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bridges ability was never in question just his head Anton on the other hand is a liability

and just a little lopsided what with that huge chip on his shoulder

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Someone nip up to the high court and have a word with Brendan Rodgers, about loaning us Jamie Carragher for the rest of the season.

Please tell me that was meant as a joke.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe. Y'know how people say "mom" when they mean man of the match, perhaps diego is with his daily amorous date. Taking her to watch a footie match, the ol' romantic!

Maybe he's with a Dutch Awesome Defender. Sounds promising although his adjective order is all wrong.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People, the Queen of the Netherlands has just announced she's abdicating in favour of Crown Prince Ronald, or Ruud, or Johan, or something like that.

How can you expect Virgil to be thinking of the Albion at a time like this?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

He's no Wayne Bridge though. You doubted Bridge?? The way Ferdinand couldn't defend against MK Dons was laughable.

Not seen any of that game, but I wouldn't rate him on one game anyway, especially not when playing so infrequently in a struggling team.

I doubted it, he hadn't played properly for years and when he was loaned out he made no impact at all. I was concerned he'd be a total flop, but he's been amazing.

He's not that good!!

Just me for little Rio then? :down: I think he'd have done ok at this level, as a short term fix in a good team. I would rather we snapped up someone for the longer term but we need SOMEONE in and quick!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No joke, he could do a job ???

Your opinion of course, but personally, I think we already have the "absolutely no pace" and "prone to scoring own goals" roles in our squad filled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here