Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But doesn't that dilute the genuine criticisms. If we start criticising him when there's nothing to criticise we become white noise.
If our criticisms had any real purpose, then I'd agree with you, but it's all just fun and piss taking. We're not really trying to get him sacked are we.

The only thing I would say is would Gus go out there if a fee hadn't been agreed ?
Because following the injury to Greer, we're more in need than we were, and our initial offer (assuming we made one) was turned down, so Gus needs a close look to see if we can improve the offer. If a fee had been agreed, he wouldn't have been training. And we don't need to fly over to agree a fee.
with said footballer slumped in the corner smoking a spliff
Transfer fee of £3m agreed, wages to be £6/hr, and as much cake as he can eat.

Well lets hope he does not chill too much or he may agree to pay way over the odds, maybe that's what the Dutch do take to a special coffee shop and get a great deal.
Damn, the sword that cuts both ways.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
YES - and Taricco was as well.

I would have assumed he was there, but I have seen is:

1. He was at Gatwick at a suitable time
2. He was reported to have been there

The fact that be he and Tanno were alledgedly there does make me feel confident - seems a bit much if we're not considering a winning bid..

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Poyet is going to be very red eyed if this signing doesn't happen!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Through a rudimentary bit of googling I've found his agent's phone number if anyone wants to try and get any information straight from the horse's mouth.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have assumed he was there, but I have seen is:

1. He was at Gatwick at a suitable time
2. He was reported to have been there

The fact that be he and Tanno were alledgedly there does make me feel confident - seems a bit much if we're not considering a winning bid..

I know for a FACT they went. Doesnt mean he will sign though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are we 100% sure Gus was at the game yesterday.

Amsterdam airport - think there's a video of him my mate sent. So yes i'm 90% sure he was there etc...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
2nd bid rejected, so Naylor has just tweeted.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
2nd bid rejected, so Naylor has just tweeted.

I think we should just give up on him. It is clear they do genuinely want big money and we could definitely do with a centre back before Saturday. Move onto a loan and wait until the summer.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
roll on the 3rd bid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports