Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5467861 said:
I trust our Tone in these situations

It does sound tailor made for Mr Bloom's poker skills, doesn't it.

Groenigen know that player wants out - lots of bluster... but will Tony call their bluff... 10pm of Friday.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I reckon we will go in with another bid but if we don't end up signing him, I hope we have someone else targetted as we certainly lack pace in central defence.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I reckon we will go in with another bid but if we don't end up signing him, I hope we have someone else targetted as we certainly lack pace in central defence.

Yep. I think you're absolutely right about this. A defender will come in one way or another.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. I think you're absolutely right about this. A defender will come in one way or another.

Gus is incredibly stubborn about the players he wants, if we don't get this Dutchman and Gus really wants him, we'll take a player on loan at best and then try again in the Summer. I don't see us permanently signing a 2nd choice.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Gus is incredibly stubborn about the players he wants, if we don't get this Dutchman and Gus really wants him, we'll take a player on loan at best and then try again in the Summer. I don't see us permanently signing a 2nd choice.

It appears we will have more competition in the summer than we do at the moment, mainly because of the increased Sky cash. I really think this is a case of now or never for Virgil.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I agree in part. I think it depends on the reason for not getting him. If he is priced outside of our budget, Gus will move on. Although whether its to a loanee or a perm signing remains to be seen.

Personally, I'm still hoping VvD will be the one in the door.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps for one of these guys?

Gus after a couple of Hungarians

Hopefully! If I were in charge I'd make a new CB a priority. As others have stated on many, many other threads, it's not through dissatisfaction with GG or AEA, but to keep the defence up to speed with the rest of the team. I'd want a powerhouse, (yet ball-playing) CB with pace. I appreciate they're probably thin on the ground for around £1m.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
If we are going to up our bid, I'd imagine it will be done pretty quickly given Greer's injury today. Desperately need to bring in a centre back before Saturday now...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

If we are going to up our bid, I'd imagine it will be done pretty quickly given Greer's injury today. Desperately need to bring in a centre back before Saturday now...

Why?

Calde done a more than capable job against a champions league team....next week we play Sheffield Wednesday not Arsenal.

Hammond can slot in if needed as well.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Why?

Calde done a more than capable job against a champions league team....next week we play Sheffield Wednesday not Arsenal.

Hammond can slot in if needed as well.

Prefer Calde in the middle with Spanish Dave at right back tbh

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom

Greers injury was a blessing in disguise, Calde played brilliantly at centre back bringing the ball out and I think right back is Spanish Daves best position...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Plenty of time between now and Thursday evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here