Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
From the Talksport Website psoted 50 minutes ago

FC Groningen are trying to price Virgil van Dijk out of a move to England - with Brighton and Sunderland increasingly frustrated in their attempts to land the young defender.

Van Dijk is ready to leave Holland and has been linked with numerous Premier League clubs in the past.

Newcastle and Everton have watched him previously but their interest has cooled, while Brighton are also keen.

Sunderland have been linked with the 21-year-old as well but Groningen are playing hard-ball over the price.

The Dutch side want around £4m for Van Dijk - a fee that is proving a stumbling block to the player's wish to move to England.

Sounds like brinkmanship to me, they'll take to the last day of the window. Pity we don't have an internationally renowned poker player at the club to negotiate................

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We should hire psychological ninjas who sneak silently into the boudoirs of players we desire, and beginning to invisibly whisper into their slumbering minds of the wondrousness of the Amex and living in Brighton and hanging out in Uncle Sam's and burying oneself into a pile of pebbles on the beach on a warm day and nipping down to the Concorde 2 for a good drinks and music night every now and again and how we're not all casuals and louts like in other cities in the uk and that dressed dogs there are standard and applauded here. Such dreams, with subtitles, are bound to influence.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
We should hire psychological ninjas who sneak silently into the boudoirs of players we desire, and beginning to invisibly whisper into their slumbering minds of the wondrousness of the Amex and living in Brighton and hanging out in Uncle Sam's and burying oneself into a pile of pebbles on the beach on a warm day and nipping down to the Concorde 2 for a good drinks and music night every now and again and how we're not all casuals and louts like in other cities in the uk and that dressed dogs there are standard and applauded here. Such dreams, with subtitles, are bound to influence.

Nah - any influence will just be money I suspect, and lots of it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sounds like brinkmanship to me, they'll take to the last day of the window. Pity we don't have an internationally renowned poker player at the club to negotiate................

No need for us to make a new offer yet, if Sunderland do come in they'll blow us out the water anyway so we just sit tight till deadline day and see what happens.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Would they keep a player whose head had been turned? I think this is more likely on deadline transfer day. Although it might not help us is things fall through as it might be difficult to pick up plan B. We certainly need a CB.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Sounds like your an ideal candidate, get yer cv in sharpish!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove

A preview of what goes on in your mind at night methinks! All fuzzy around the edges.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Recently tweeted by the Groningen coach...

I expect Virgil Van Dijk at fc groningen remains. first offer from brighton was ugly. I do not expect a higher bid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Recently tweeted by the Groningen coach...

I expect Virgil Van Dijk at fc groningen remains. first offer from brighton was ugly. I do not expect a higher bid.

Ugly? the cheeky bastard! It was no oil painting but ugly is taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here