Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This just reconfirms their willingness to sell. Clearly trying to attract bids from us and other clubs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Virgil seems to have a younger brother who plays for Ajax. I hope we have got the right player!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This just reconfirms their willingness to sell. Clearly trying to attract bids from us and other clubs.

Exactly and don't forget the Dutch are watching us. If they think we are desperate, then they'll hold out for as much money as possible. They're also trying to get the Prem clubs actually bidding. I don't think they'll get an 'insane' bid especially from us. It depends on whether they need the money, really. If they want to play 'poker' with TB, they've picked the wrong man.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Exactly and don't forget the Dutch are watching us. If they think we are desperate, then they'll hold out for as much money as possible. They're also trying to get the Prem clubs actually bidding. I don't think they'll get an 'insane' bid especially from us. It depends on whether they need the money, really. If they want to play 'poker' with TB, they've picked the wrong man.

Hopefully they do need the money! I reckon we'll leave it a few days before coming back with a slightly improved offer. Brinkmanship's the way forward.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

They certainly seem to be keen to drum up interest in a player they don't want to sell.... My guess is we might have made a further and final offer and they are trying to start an auction before accepting our bid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, sounding more and more like a Dutch Auction. Seller puts player up for a very high price, in this case "insane" however much that is. Eventually settles for the best bid (in this case possibly the only bid) that at least matches their undisclosed reserve.

All child's play to TB I expect.

I am feeling quite confident that we will land this player.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Come on TB, fly the lad in for Saturdays game, break the bank with £3million and your midas touch will give Gus some fresh talent and a big asset when the 5 prem clubs come back....

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Interesting tweet just now - evidently from the radio this morning

Virgil Van Dijk wants out to fc groningen, he tends to english football

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Come on TB, fly the lad in for Saturdays game, break the bank with £3million and your midas touch will give Gus some fresh talent and a big asset when the 5 prem clubs come back....

Would be nice, I kind of agree, if we don't get him in this window then we wont at all. I have a feeling these so called interested Prem clubs only look to strengthen for the rest of the up coming season in this window and only tend to spend money on prospects in the summer.

As elvis once said................It's now or never :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Even if he did, he wouldn't get international clearance in time. The FA just sit on their backsides all day doing sweet fanny adams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here