Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Having seen a few videos of him, he is nothing but FLAIR. Also only 21 so has a lot if potential to learn to play Gus' way. Would be very happy with this! I'm guessing he will be first team and not DS?! Possible replacement for GG as and when the inevitable happens.

I don't think we would spend £2m on a possible replacement for GG when the inevitable happens. If we get this guy at that price I would expect him to go straight into the first team. I see his goal scoring record is pretty good for a CB as well 5 in 28, headers one would assume. Exactly what we need, a CB who can chip in with half a dozen goals a season from set pieces.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
2qdodqf.jpg

Virgil you say? ???

Could do a job.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I don't think we would spend £2m on a possible replacement for GG when the inevitable happens. If we get this guy at that price I would expect him to go straight into the first team. I see his goal scoring record is pretty good for a CB as well 5 in 28, headers one would assume. Exactly what we need, a CB who can chip in with half a dozen goals a season from set pieces.

Virgil van Dijk - FC Groningen - YouTube

Including a header, a screamer and a flair deflection.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If the club can pull this one off, I've got a feeling it could prove to be an excellent piece of business. If Van Dijk cuts the mustard, he's going to be worth rather more than we paid for him so perhaps TB looks upon our bid as an investment for the future.

Either that or our Centre Back for the next ten years in the prem....Yeah ok, I know no one stays that long at a club anymore lol... Seriously though, these signings are not being made to bum around in the championship for much longer and I can't seriously believe anyone still things that is the remit. Poyet is being given some serious ammo, we have GOT to start blowing a few teams away. The team is littered with players who have played way beyond the standard we are playing at the moment.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Seriously though, these signings are not being made to bum around in the championship for much longer and I can't seriously believe anyone still things that is the remit. Poyet is being given some serious ammo, we have GOT to start blowing a few teams away. The team is littered with players who have played way beyond the standard we are playing at the moment.

Totally agree. With or without Virgil, we really do have a squad now that should be mounting a serious promotion challenge.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He looks a BEAST, but a real deal and talent and skill and flair and superstar quality.............get him in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports