Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If he signs maybe we should rethink the lyrics from a well known Dick Van Dyke song :jester:

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-oo!
With Virgil Van Dijk, you're not getting through

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-ee!
We paid 2.5 but now he's worth 3 :moo:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

As they are in a relegation battle, I'd imagine they'll go for someone with more experience which will hopefully mean we can sign him without too many problems.

I also think that he wants to go to a club on the up. Newcastle are not that

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Today's Mirror:

Championship side Brighton have beaten Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland in the race to sign FC Groningen defender Virgil van Dijk.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Today's Mirror:

Championship side Brighton have beaten Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland in the race to sign FC Groningen defender Virgil van Dijk.

I'm not going to get too excited until I see a photo of him holding up the obligatory shirt, but if, just IF he were to sign :bowdown:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Today's Mirror:

is this the same paper that Said Man Utd have completed the signing of Zahahaha for £17m yesterday?

Can only beleive it when that text come throughs or Bozza said its happened

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Clearly Bloom is backing Gus to get promotion either this season or next.

£2m could prove to be chicken feed if he proves himself for us in the Prem.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Roland Bergkamp flop- he's played for the Dutch U21s too...

I don't understand why people make these comparisons, someone said something similar with Ulloa and Turienzo the other day :facepalm:

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Having seen a few videos of him, he is nothing but FLAIR. Also only 21 so has a lot if potential to learn to play Gus' way. Would be very happy with this! I'm guessing he will be first team and not DS?! Possible replacement for GG as and when the inevitable happens.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Only a little thru a mate from Holland who says he is the next big Dutch defender. They have high hopes for him and are saying that he will be a top top player in a couple of years time.

Who is your mate? Derk van Redknapp?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I am not one to get over excited about signings before seeing them play for us, but on this one I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that if he signs he will be the best since Lawrenson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here