Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
In a nutshell: The player fancies a transfer to Brighton as he's had a bit of a google and found that we've got a brand new stadium and we're aiming to get promoted within the next 3 years. His agent reckons it's a good move to further his career by playing for us instead of sitting on the bench at a bigger team and that although the chairman has refused Brighton's last bid we'll be doing a Don Corleone. He also says that the club should consider what's best for the player but that a contract extension past 2015 is not out of the question. Finally he says that if something good comes along the best thing would be to go and Brighton is something good.

As I speak Dutch (as my second language) I translated this myself.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know some punters on here don't get too excited at signing defenders but I think we need to improve the quality of our central defence and this Dutch guy might be a big step in the right direction. Yes the stats show that we have a good defence for the middle / top third of the Championship but various games have shown how we don't dominate our own penalty box in the air plus Watford highlighted how vulnerable we are to pace through the middle. So if we are serious about being contenders for the Prem then we need to up the quality and tighten up. Wouldn't do any harm to have a 6' 4'' CB who is effective at offensive set pieces too.

I agree that with careful nuturing this kid might just be the next Lawrenson, so would be an excellent piece of business.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In a nutshell: The player fancies a transfer to Brighton as he's had a bit of a google and found that we've got a brand new stadium and we're aiming to get promoted within the next 3 years. His agent reckons it's a good move to further his career by playing for us instead of sitting on the bench at a bigger team and that although the chairman has refused Brighton's last bid we'll be doing a Don Corleone. He also says that the club should consider what's best for the player but that a contract extension past 2015 is not out of the question. Finally he says that if something good comes along the best thing would be to go and Brighton is something good.

As I speak Dutch (as my second language) I translated this myself.

Are you Steve McClaren?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
QUOTE=Bladders;5457413]Maybe some NSC car/fish puns on his name might impress him like it did Ulloa. He signed within hours of the excellent wordsmithery starting on the Leo Ulloa thread.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe we could just post this?

images.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

I agree that with careful nuturing this kid might just be the next Lawrenson, so would be an excellent piece of business.

As long as he isn't dumped in the dev squad never to be seen again.

Dec 29, 2011
As long as he isn't dumped in the dev squad never to be seen again.
Based on what I've found out about this lad, he'd come in and be our best defender from the off. Pretty impressive at only 21. He's 6'4 and so must be able to win headers. If he develops well we can sell for more than we bought him for. Really hope this goes through and he's the real deal!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
6 minutes ago:

Eredivisie Index‏@EredivisieIndex
Brighton zal volgens verschillende media een bod van €2,500,000 op Groningen speler Virgil van Dijk.

Eredivisie Eredivisie @ Index Index
Brighton will according to different media a bid of €2,500, 000 on Groningen player Virgil van Dijk.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
6 minutes ago:

Eredivisie Index‏@EredivisieIndex
Brighton zal volgens verschillende media een bod van €2,500,000 op Groningen speler Virgil van Dijk.

Eredivisie Eredivisie @ Index Index
Brighton will according to different media a bid of €2,500, 000 on Groningen player Virgil van Dijk.

This is very interesting stuff.

Our defence definitely needs strengthening

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Jesus Christ it's happening.

You've nailed it Tony! Twitter seems to believe a €2.5million bid has been accepted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here