Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
BREAKING NEWS

EredivisieUK ‏@Eredivisie_UK

Brighton have launched a new bid for FC Groningens defender Van Dijk and there persistence should pay off #bhafc #groningen #vandijk

Flair.

First time in YEARS we would have a defender to chuck upfront for last 5 mins, since JOHN VIRGO [MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
BREAKING NEWS

Brighton have launched a new bid for FC Groningens defender Van Dijk and there persistence should pay off #bhafc #groningen #vandijk

Exciting, very exciting.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

BREAKING NEWS

What the f***? How good is this guy supposed to be anyway?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We do a lot of business at night dont we. Probably hoping the competition has gone to bed.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Anyone else noticed that we seem to have become a better destination for players than many PL teams?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone else noticed that we seem to have become a better destination for players than many PL teams?

He'll play here rather than warm a bench in the Prem, at his age he needs to play to develop.

If this happens we could have a full Dutch international in our back 4 in a couple of years.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Decent footballers want to play decent football. I would argue that we are, on our day, as good as any team in the bottom half of the Premier League.

The fact that we have attracted the likes of Vicente, kuszczak, Wayne Bridge, Ulloa - this won't go unnoticed by prospective signings either. And if they talk to someone in England, "hey English friend, who are this Brighton team?" I can only imagine them being encouraged to join us if they have the chance.

Then factor in the fact that most current players between 20-30 will probably have watched Gus playing during their youth, there are not many managers around who will have been an inspiration to current footballers when they were younger. Gus is one such manager.

We are a very attractive club IMO.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
BREAKING NEWS

What twitter account is this and how reliable / official?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i just came accross this http://www.fcgonline.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2005:van-dijk-brighton-bod&catid=35:eerste-elftal&Itemid=28

If you google translate it, it says we have made an offer they cant refuse and is coming. Very excited!

The way I read it, we have been told to come back with an offer that they cannot refuse.

"Martin Henk Chin has had contact with Brighton, Brighton and [he] said to come back with an offer "that FC Groningen can not refuse."

Not there yet, but judging by the earlier tweet, I would assume we are in the process tabling a 2nd bid at the moment.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ignore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here