Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Brighton goes this winter for Groningen Van Dijk

21/01/2013 21:12

A move to England seems to Virgil van Dijk only a matter of time. Groningen swept last week, a bid from Brighton & Hove Albion on the 21-year-old defender from the table, but it is expected that English club this transfer window a better offer will issue .

"I'll take on a new bid. They are genuinely interested, "says business manager Henk-Maarten Chin. "For Virgil could be a serious option. Brighton plays maybe not in the Premier League, but the chance of playing is great. "

Brighton is currently eighth in the Championship and aims for this year's playoffs and achieve promotion to the Premier League to achieve. (Stef de Bont)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He really would be a top signing from what I gather. Excellent young prospect, still needs to learn his trade and sounds like he has some good advisors. If we can meet the asking price we have an excellent chance.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In Oct 2010 Andy Whing went on loan to Orient then signed for them permanently before going to Oxford where he is said to b leaving to join Nuneaton who play in the same league as my 20 yr old grandson at Hinckley where Stuart Storer is 1st team coach. So he has 'progressed' at 28 years old from playing for us to non league in 27 months, a great achievement.

Andy Whing is off to Nuneaton according to... Football Rumours.

Oxford United Rumours

[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] in football-rumours shock!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sounds promising :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dutch footballwebsites talking about the FC Groningen Chairman expecting a new higher bid from Brighton soon.
According to the player agent Van Dijk is very interested in moving here.

Thanks Werner. Keep your eyes open for any news over there.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have pretty much ignored this thread since I read premier teams were after him yet it keeps getting bounced! Do we have a realistic chance?

Yes, it seems we do.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Brighton goes this winter for Groningen Van Dijk

21/01/2013 21:12

A move to England seems to Virgil van Dijk only a matter of time. Groningen swept last week, a bid from Brighton & Hove Albion on the 21-year-old defender from the table, but it is expected that English club this transfer window a better offer will issue .

"I'll take on a new bid. They are genuinely interested, "says business manager Henk-Maarten Chin. "For Virgil could be a serious option. Brighton plays maybe not in the Premier League, but the chance of playing is great. "

Brighton is currently eighth in the Championship and aims for this year's playoffs and achieve promotion to the Premier League to achieve. (Stef de Bont)

Sounds promising, I think we might do a deal on this one. If any of the bigger clubs were seriously interested, we wouldn't have a sniff

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
BREAKING NEWS

EredivisieUK ‏@Eredivisie_UK

Brighton have launched a new bid for FC Groningens defender Van Dijk and there persistence should pay off #bhafc #groningen #vandijk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk seem to his last weeks in the service of FC Groningen. An English bid on the irregular shapes defender was still resolutely rejected last week by the clubleiding of Groningen, but it is expected that the Championship club is still the signings made with a new bid will come. "I am counting on a new bid. They are sincerely interested", says representative Henk-Maarten Chin toward Football International. "Virgil, a serious option.

- FCUpdate.nl

Do we need an irregular shaped defender? I would have thought it would make it harder for him to control the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here