Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

I think we should pull out the stops to get this guy, it sounds like his agent wanted offers from a top division team but the player is happy with the move to us as he recognises its a step up with more money and would put him in the shop window more, so they (the agent and him) would listen to offers but we haven't yet met the Clubs selling price.

He would be an immediate upgrade on either Abd or Greer, where we are struggling most IMO, and we would get out money back at least if not a lot more in the future.

I know our defence has been tight but I really think a more mobile CB would help us get out of our own defence more when we are on the back foot. We also need a CB whose going to bring 5 or so goals a season for the team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BG, as a regular on NSC you must know that this forum disproves that saying time and time again!

As I said in an earlier post, Whing is injured. This is a tweet from him on 11th January, but don't let the facts get in the way of a BG story.

Andrew Whing ‏@Whingy2
@DoddsOUFC injuries not too bad, still a month or so away. Very frustrating. Big few games for us now and the squads the best it's looked!!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
As I said in an earlier post, Whing is injured. This is a tweet from him on 11th January, but don't let the facts get in the way of a BG story.

Andrew Whing ‏@Whingy2
@DoddsOUFC injuries not too bad, still a month or so away. Very frustrating. Big few games for us now and the squads the best it's looked!!

Obviously, Whingy hasn't seen the smoke coming from the Hinckley dressing room!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Andrew Whing ‏@Whingy2

Obviously, Whingy hasn't seen the smoke coming from the Hinckley dressing room!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Erm, what exactly does Andrew Whing have to do with our attempts to sign Virgil?

Am I missing something?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Anyone got a copy of The Argus?

From the Argus:

ALBION are weighing up whether to make an improved offer for highly rated young Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk.

Manager Gus Poyet refused to rule out the possibility after The Argus revealed on Friday the Seagulls had an undisclosed bid rejected by Groningen for their Dutch under-21 international centre-half.

Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland have all been linked with the 6ft 4ins van Dijk.

Poyet, quizzed by The Argus about the possibility of a fresh bid, said: “I don’t know. We will think about it. There are too many rumours, too many things, we'll see.”

Poyet has dismissed reports linking Albion once more with Jeremy Balmy, the French teenage midfielder who scored for the Seagulls in a pre-season friendly at Hastings in the summer.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Double post

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
From the Argus:

ALBION are weighing up whether to make an improved offer for highly rated young Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk.

Manager Gus Poyet refused to rule out the possibility after The Argus revealed on Friday the Seagulls had an undisclosed bid rejected by Groningen for their Dutch under-21 international centre-half.

Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland have all been linked with the 6ft 4ins van Dijk.

Poyet, quizzed by The Argus about the possibility of a fresh bid, said: “I don’t know. We will think about it. There are too many rumours, too many things, we'll see.”

Poyet has dismissed reports linking Albion once more with Jeremy Balmy, the French teenage midfielder who scored for the Seagulls in a pre-season friendly at Hastings in the summer.

Cheers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we put in an improved offer for Virgil which is accepted does this mean the end for Greer or ElAbd or both as they are out of contract at the end of this season ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Greer or ElAbd get red-carded or injured against Blackburn tomorrow, who do we play in central defence vs Arsenal?

Need to get someone in quick.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hopefully the club have shown him how well our cycle routes are rated. Groningen is famous for having the highest percentage of bicycle usage in the world.
Job done then. If he likes cycling.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Greer or ElAbd get red-carded or injured against Blackburn tomorrow, who do we play in central defence vs Arsenal?

Need to get someone in quick.

With Theo Walcott leading their line we need to get someon in quick quick.

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
Dutch footballwebsites talking about the FC Groningen Chairman expecting a new higher bid from Brighton soon.
According to the player agent Van Dijk is very interested in moving here.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk seem to his last weeks in the service of FC Groningen. An English bid on the irregular shapes defender was still resolutely rejected last week by the clubleiding of Groningen, but it is expected that the Championship club is still the signings made with a new bid will come. "I am counting on a new bid. They are sincerely interested", says representative Henk-Maarten Chin toward Football International. "Virgil, a serious option.

- FCUpdate.nl

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Virgil Van Dijk seem to his last weeks in the service of FC Groningen. An English bid on the irregular shapes defender was still resolutely rejected last week by the clubleiding of Groningen, but it is expected that the Championship club is still the signings made with a new bid will come. "I am counting on a new bid. They are sincerely interested", says representative Henk-Maarten Chin toward Football International. "Virgil, a serious option.

- FCUpdate.nl

Sounds like he's coming!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here