Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Only one problem there Dunk isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet he is better at lumping it forward in the old fashioned stopper centre half tradition.

Your longstanding anti-Dunk agenda is really, really tiresome, btw.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What games have you been watching certainly not ours as he has proved to be a liability with the ball at his feet. He is a very good prospect but certainly not as good on the ground as Greer and no better than El Abd and no better than either in the air which explains why he isn't first choice in the team, at the moment.

He's actually better in the air than either, and better carrying the ball forward than either, by far. Passing is on a par.

Jimmy Grimble

Your longstanding anti-Dunk agenda is really, really tiresome, btw.

Very much this. I've given up countering him now. You just know his opinion of him will never change either.

If I'm remembering correctly he had a similar anti-Whing agenda a few years ago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not anti Dunk as I think that he is a great prospect but that is it a good prospect. Unlike many on here I dont see him as the immediate answer to any problems that we may have, in the future perhaps, but not now as he isnt ready yet to be a first choice, when we have better options.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very much this. I've given up countering him now. You just know his opinion of him will never change either.

If I'm remembering correctly he had a similar anti-Whing agenda a few years ago.

In Oct 2010 Andy Whing went on loan to Orient then signed for them permanently before going to Oxford where he is said to b leaving to join Nuneaton who play in the same league as my 20 yr old grandson at Hinckley where Stuart Storer is 1st team coach. So he has 'progressed' at 28 years old from playing for us to non league in 27 months, a great achievement.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In Oct 2010 Andy Whing went on loan to Orient then signed for them permanently before going to Oxford where he is said to b leaving to join Nuneaton who play in the same league as my 20 yr old grandson at Hinckley where Stuart Storer is 1st team coach. So he has 'progressed' at 28 years old from playing for us to non league in 27 months, a great achievement.

He is still at Oxford and chose them so that he could live at home for the first time in 5 years instead of leaving his wife & baby in the Midlands. He has had a lot of problems with injuries since being at Oxford.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's actually better in the air than either, and better carrying the ball forward than either, by far. Passing is on a par.

I think that we should agree to disagree and would suggest that Gus is of the same opinion as me about Dunk especially as we concede goals from crosses and if he thought along your lines Dunk would be first choice.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Where did you get the information that he is leaving for Nuneaton? He plays regularly for Oxford?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where did you get the information that he is leaving for Nuneaton? He plays regularly for Oxford?

He has only played 12 games for them this season 9 in the league and 3 in the cup (from their website) and the info came from football changing room gossip from gandson who plays for Hinckley, not guaranteed to be 100% but as they say no smoke without fire.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Zaakwaarnemer Van Dijk: 'Meer belangstelling dan bekend is'
Door MARTIJN MOOIWEER __ gepubliceerd op 21 januari '13 09:28

Virgil van Dijk kan wel eens aan zijn laatste wedstrijden voor FC Groningen bezig zijn. Volgens zijn zaakwaarnemer Henk Maarten Chin is er volop interesse voor de stopper.

"Er is veel meer belangstelling voor hem dan tot dusver naar buiten is gekomen. Ook vanuit Duitsland, maar vooral vanuit Engeland", zegt de agent in Het Dagblad van het Noorden.
Tot nu toe sijpelde alleen de interesse van Brighton en Hove Albion uit het Engelse Championship door. "Ik verwacht dat Brighton nog wel een stap kan zetten", zegt de spelersmakelaar, die aangeeft dat Van Dijk openstaat voor een eventuele overgang naar de club uit het Championship. "Virgil is een type verdediger dat goed past in Engeland."

---------------------------

Agent Van Dijk: "More interest than known '
By MARTIJN BEAUTIFUL WEATHER __ published on January 21, '13 9:28

Virgil van Dijk could ever think of his last games for FC Groningen doing. According to his agent Martin Henk Chin there is plenty of interest in the stopper.

"There is much more interested in him than hitherto has come. Also from Germany, but especially from England," said the agent in the newspaper of the North.
Until now seeped only the interest of Brighton and Hove Albion from the English Championship by. "I expect that Brighton is still a step up," said the player's agent, indicating that Van Dijk open for a possible move to the club from the Championship. "Virgil is a type of defender that fits well in England."

Zaakwaarnemer Van Dijk: 'Meer belangstelling dan bekend is' ELFvoetbal.nl

I love how the reporters name translates from MARTIJN MOOIWEER to MARTIJN BEAUTIFUL WEATHER

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Zaakwaarnemer Van Dijk: 'Meer belangstelling dan bekend is'
Door MARTIJN MOOIWEER __ gepubliceerd op 21 januari '13 09:28

Virgil van Dijk kan wel eens aan zijn laatste wedstrijden voor FC Groningen bezig zijn. Volgens zijn zaakwaarnemer Henk Maarten Chin is er volop interesse voor de stopper.

"Er is veel meer belangstelling voor hem dan tot dusver naar buiten is gekomen. Ook vanuit Duitsland, maar vooral vanuit Engeland", zegt de agent in Het Dagblad van het Noorden.
Tot nu toe sijpelde alleen de interesse van Brighton en Hove Albion uit het Engelse Championship door. "Ik verwacht dat Brighton nog wel een stap kan zetten", zegt de spelersmakelaar, die aangeeft dat Van Dijk openstaat voor een eventuele overgang naar de club uit het Championship. "Virgil is een type verdediger dat goed past in Engeland."

---------------------------

Agent Van Dijk: "More interest than known '
By MARTIJN BEAUTIFUL WEATHER __ published on January 21, '13 9:28

Virgil van Dijk could ever think of his last games for FC Groningen doing. According to his agent Martin Henk Chin there is plenty of interest in the stopper.

"There is much more interested in him than hitherto has come. Also from Germany, but especially from England," said the agent in the newspaper of the North.
Until now seeped only the interest of Brighton and Hove Albion from the English Championship by. "I expect that Brighton is still a step up," said the player's agent, indicating that Van Dijk open for a possible move to the club from the Championship. "Virgil is a type of defender that fits well in England."

Zaakwaarnemer Van Dijk: 'Meer belangstelling dan bekend is' ELFvoetbal.nl

I love how the reporters name translates from MARTIJN MOOIWEER to MARTIJN BEAUTIFUL WEATHER

Doesn't sound dead - would love to see it happen

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Doesn't sound dead - would love to see it happen

It sounds to me like they hoped our bid would smoke out some other interested parties from Holland, Italy, Germany and the Premier League. Seems like that hasn't happened and we are still the only firm interest.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

I'm afraid Hinckley are not only in a league below the Boro (Nuneaton) but that it is set to become at least 2 leagues at the end of the season. Their record reads W 1, D 1, L 23. GD -66.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here