Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Maybe a silly question - but how do transfer fees get translated into the club accounts, e.g. in terms of FFP and profit/loss? If we paid (say) £2.5m for Ulloa, on a 4.5 year contract does he now count as an 'asset' on the books? And if so, valued at what? And when he scores 30+ goals in the coming year and still has 3.5 years on his contract - and we are getting , and rejecting, offers of £8million...did we just make a nice big profit (in FFP terms)? Interesting business this football.

held at cost

not fair value

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Exciting.

For what it's worth, I am going for FearHill Fun Dake. Dake as in cake. The H of Hill is pronounced as if you were clearing your throat ready to gob at someone. At least that is what it would be in Afrikaans, which is not Dutch. Hope that helps.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Maybe a silly question - but how do transfer fees get translated into the club accounts, e.g. in terms of FFP and profit/loss? If we paid (say) £2.5m for Ulloa, on a 4.5 year contract does he now count as an 'asset' on the books? And if so, valued at what? And when he scores 30+ goals in the coming year and still has 3.5 years on his contract - and we are getting , and rejecting, offers of £8million...did we just make a nice big profit (in FFP terms)? Interesting business this football.

Put cms down as depreciation?

Dec 29, 2011

It's spread over the period of their contract, if Ulloa cost 2m and signed for 4 years we'd take 500k off the account per year.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York

Interesting question - i did my dissertation at University on the subject over 10 years. Things are a bit vague now but i remember discussing intangible assets and brands etc

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

I'm not reading all this bollocks, has it got any legs? Yes or no.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Palarse would have one of the biggest asset values seeing as zaha is worth about 93 million

So if they 'value' him at £20m, and they sell him for half that. What happens to that £10m difference on their balance sheets? POOF! Gone?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So if they 'value' him at £20m, and they sell him for half that. What happens to that £10m difference on their balance sheets? POOF! Gone?

No need for name calling.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The question is will we return with a second bid for this player?

That is the question.

But if the asking price of £5M is to be believed then I think we are out of luck on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here