Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
From The Sun

The highly-rated defender, 21, plays for Dutch outfit Groningen and has been linked to Newcastle.
Van Dijk said: “I know certain clubs are following me and that Everton are one of them.
“I have heard and read a lot about it and after the winter training camp I will sit down with my agent Henk-Maarten Chin and catch up with where we stand.
“Of course I am flattered by the interest but I have to make sure I make the best choice for my future career.”

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The fact we are even looking at players of his calibre shows how far we have come. It's going to be an exciting couple of weeks thats for sure.

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
I understood that Van Dijk is interested in moving to Brighton. Very talented defender, he has been linked with big Dutch teams like PSV eindhoven.
Still he would need some time to adept to the English football. Roland Bergkamp was also considered being a big prospect, but went to see him play few times now he's on loan at VVV, he's just not good enough.
Van Dijk won't be a regular starter at a team like Everton at the moment, but at Championship level he will be great. In two years he could develop into a very good premier league defender. But will need some time...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I understood that Van Dijk is interested in moving to Brighton. Very talented defender, he has been linked with big Dutch teams like PSV eindhoven.
Still he would need some time to adept to the English football. Roland Bergkamp was also considered being a big prospect, but went to see him play few times now he's on loan at VVV, he's just not good enough.
Van Dijk won't be a regular starter at a team like Everton at the moment, but at Championship level he will be great. In two years he could develop into a very good premier league defender. But will need some time...

If he is serious about making the right 'career' move then first team football with us would be better than big money sitting on Evertons bench.

Great to hear he is interested in coming to Brighton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

From where do you understand this, [MENTION=14408]Werner[/MENTION] ?

Thanks

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
It's on a FC Groningen website. He would prefer this step, as he know he needs to play games to develop into a better player. The chance of being a regular stater is bigger here than at some premier league teams.
Seen quite a lot of games of FC Groningen this year. Would be a very good signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here